Windows 10: Start Button functions

Discus and support Start Button functions in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Greetings from a junior member! I have used all OS from 98 to this Win10 and still shed a tear for the demise of XP Pro... A new pc - bought, not built... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Neil53, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Neil53 Win User

Start Button functions

Greetings from a junior member!
    I have used all OS from 98 to this Win10 and still shed a tear for the demise of XP Pro...
    A new pc - bought, not built has Win 10 Home 64 bit on board.
    I has (or I have) lost the initial functionality it came with...
    Much of the commands from thew tool bar result in a quick flash, then gone.
    The start button (bottom left) will only work now via a right click to even close down.
    A left click is dead on the start button.

From the hidden icon links, much the same.
    Quick flash from actions recommended and nothing further.

I really do not want to go through a complete reformat and reinstall of OS...
    Any suggestions hw to restore this satanic device back to factory - without losing what I have already installed or set up?
    Thank you
    N53

:)

Neil53, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Start Button functions

1. Start Button functions - Similar Threads - Start Button functions

2. Windows 10 ver 1703 Start Button does not function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 ver 1703 Start Button does not function: I have Windows 10 ver 1703 installed on my computer. Everything installed correctly and I have applied all updates. When I click the Start Button nothing happens. If I strike the Windows button on the keyboard nothing happens. I cannot type in the Search Bar. If I right...
  3. Start button

Start button: my start button is not working, how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button/d128353a-291b-4d95-82d0-42124a4bab3d
  4. Log in button not functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Log in button not functioning: I can no longer log into a website with user name and password on my hp Paviollion lap top, however I can on my ipad and iphone. Any ideas what is causing this?...
  5. start button

start button: how to get start button working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-button/d8aba2c7-4cec-418b-8b93-e5c215f8ae19
  6. start button

start button: Is there a way to change the Start button ? I searched with Google but couldn't find anything Thanks 14525
  7. Win 10 Start Button Semi Functional

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Start Button Semi Functional: The Win 10 'Start Button' has become semi functional. Running win 10 Home 4 Gigs Ram on a laptop with 2 Users. The 'Left' click function no longer works on just 1 of the Users. However, the 'Right' click function still is operational. 12968
  8. Start Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button: The Start Button and Cortana went off the screen at the bottom. I know I still have them if I switch the taskbar to the right of the screen in a vertical position. Both the Start Button and Cortana will now show. So how do I get them to show if I switch the taskbar from the...
  9. Start button and action center button lose functionality

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button and action center button lose functionality: We had a power outage earlier this week which shut down my PC. Upon restart, the 'normal' error screen that 'Windows encountered an error and didn't shutdown correctly' (Safe Mode screen) never appeared and it seemed to boot normally. Ever since, even after a couple of...
  10. Start Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button: The new start-button Menu is nice and very cute, but it's not for me. How can I turn off all the blinkin panels and pictures and just have a normal old style Menu with my apps in list? Thanks for any and all input. 25743