Windows 10: Start Button functions

Discus and support Start Button functions in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Greetings from a junior member! I have used all OS from 98 to this Win10 and still shed a tear for the demise of XP Pro... A new pc - bought, not built... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Neil53, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Neil53 Win User

Start Button functions

Greetings from a junior member!
    I have used all OS from 98 to this Win10 and still shed a tear for the demise of XP Pro...
    A new pc - bought, not built has Win 10 Home 64 bit on board.
    I has (or I have) lost the initial functionality it came with...
    Much of the commands from thew tool bar result in a quick flash, then gone.
    The start button (bottom left) will only work now via a right click to even close down.
    A left click is dead on the start button.

From the hidden icon links, much the same.
    Quick flash from actions recommended and nothing further.

I really do not want to go through a complete reformat and reinstall of OS...
    Any suggestions hw to restore this satanic device back to factory - without losing what I have already installed or set up?
    Thank you
    N53

:)

Neil53, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Neil53 Win User

Start Button functions

Greetings from a junior member!
    I have used all OS from 98 to this Win10 and still shed a tear for the demise of XP Pro...
    A new pc - bought, not built has Win 10 Home 64 bit on board.
    I has (or I have) lost the initial functionality it came with...
    Much of the commands from thew tool bar result in a quick flash, then gone.
    The start button (bottom left) will only work now via a right click to even close down.
    A left click is dead on the start button.

From the hidden icon links, much the same.
    Quick flash from actions recommended and nothing further.

I really do not want to go through a complete reformat and reinstall of OS...
    Any suggestions hw to restore this satanic device back to factory - without losing what I have already installed or set up?
    Thank you
    N53

Neil53, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Start Button functions

Desktop PC start button and taskbar functions missing.

Hi Mike,

To isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What is the current version and build number of your operating system?
    Please follow the steps below to identify what version of Windows you are using.

• Click the Start button.
    • Type winver then hit Enter.
    • A window will display what version of Windows you're using and what build it is. Please post both version and build number.
    We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Start Button functions

1. Start Button functions - Similar Threads - Start Button functions

2. Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.: I have tried restarting my computer, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Whenever I sign in, I'm unable to press the windows key. The taskbar is also missing, but after a few minutes it appears with the start button and search bar not working. I can click on some of the...
  3. Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.: I have tried restarting my computer, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Whenever I sign in, I'm unable to press the windows key. The taskbar is also missing, but after a few minutes it appears with the start button and search bar not working. I can click on some of the...
  4. Functions button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Functions button: After update Win 11 23H2 version, The "Windows" button and the "Fn" button have their functions changed. Before, I pressed 'Windows+I' to go to "Setting", now I have to press 'Fn+I'...
  5. Functions button

Functions button: After update Win 11 23H2 version, The "Windows" button and the "Fn" button have their functions changed. Before, I pressed 'Windows+I' to go to "Setting", now I have to press 'Fn+I'...
  6. Function buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function buttons: I have a Toshiba Satellite S75-B7396 and I'm wondering how to turn off the function button shortcuts brightness, volume, etc. There are some games that use the function keys and I want to figure out how turn off those shortcuts....
  7. Function buttons

Function buttons: I have a Toshiba Satellite S75-B7396 and I'm wondering how to turn off the function button shortcuts brightness, volume, etc. There are some games that use the function keys and I want to figure out how turn off those shortcuts....
  8. Can I turn off the start button function?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I turn off the start button function?: It doubles as the command button in adobe premiere and it's pretty annoying that sometimes it works in premiere and sometimes it just opens the start menu. submitted by /u/BlondiestRockGod [link] [comments]...
  9. Win 10 Start Button Semi Functional

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Start Button Semi Functional: The Win 10 'Start Button' has become semi functional. Running win 10 Home 4 Gigs Ram on a laptop with 2 Users. The 'Left' click function no longer works on just 1 of the Users. However, the 'Right' click function still is operational. 12968
  10. Start button and action center button lose functionality

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button and action center button lose functionality: We had a power outage earlier this week which shut down my PC. Upon restart, the 'normal' error screen that 'Windows encountered an error and didn't shutdown correctly' (Safe Mode screen) never appeared and it seemed to boot normally. Ever since, even after a couple of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start key functions