Windows 10: Start Button Icon Locations

Discus and support Start Button Icon Locations in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Where does Windows store the start button icons/assets images? They are in the MSStyles in the themes folder. 79375 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RECONBunny, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Start Button Icon Locations

Where does Windows store the start button icons/assets images?

They are in the MSStyles in the themes folder.

:)

RECONBunny, Mar 14, 2017
  2. ladycd Win User

Change my name for Cortana. I've never seen ""about me".

No, there's nothing to the left of the Start icon.

ladycd, Mar 14, 2017
  3. Badger568 Win User
    Desktop Icon locations

All of the icons on my desktop moved to the left side of the screen. How do I restore my icons to their locations, without having to move them individually? All the questions I find, seem to refer to missing icons. All of mine are there, just now where
    I want them. I am using Windows 10.

Badger568, Mar 14, 2017
Thema:

Start Button Icon Locations

1. Start Button Icon Locations - Similar Threads - Start Button Icon

2. Blank icon's on desktop/start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank icon's on desktop/start button: I have a problem with my Windows 10 system. Many of the icon's on the desktop have gone blank, it's the ones that are shortcuts to applications. The same has happened to the shortcut icon's via the Start button. Many thanks...
  3. Blank icon's on desktop/start button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank icon's on desktop/start button: I have a problem with my Windows 10 system. Many of the icon's on the desktop have gone blank, it's the ones that are shortcuts to applications. The same has happened to the shortcut icon's via the Start button. Many thanks...
  4. Blank icon's on desktop/start button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start button not working & taskbar icons missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button not working & taskbar icons missing: So, my laptop Acer Aspire ES15 Windows 10, was working as normal on Tuesday morning.I clicked on switch user, while I went out for the day.On my return later that evening, I went to sign back in to my user account, but then found none of my tabs would load, as it was offline,...
  6. Windows Start Icon/Button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Icon/Button: I noticed that the Windows Start icon and the Start button do not work at all. Is there a setting I need to change? When I click the start icon to see all of my apps it doesn't work. So then I tried the start button on the keyboard, and that doesn't work either. How can I fix...
  7. New start menu folder icon location.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New start menu folder icon location.: In the recent updates, a new folder icon in the start menu has appeared. I really like it and wish to make the default folder icon in explorer to be that. Where is the file location that contains that icon? I looked in imageres.dll, explorer.exe and shell32.dll. submitted by...
  8. Open File Location for Start Menu icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open File Location for Start Menu icons: On Windows 10 rightclicking a start menu app and clicking on "open file location" doesn't open the files' "actual location" but just a folder in which the shortcut is. You then have to rightclick on that shortcut and click on "open file path" or whatever it is in english to...
  9. Location of start menu icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Location of start menu icons: Before anyone says the font is called Segoe MDL2 thats not what i mean. i mean the windows icon on the end of the taskbar. I wanted to switch the icon out with some that i made and i also know that the png file has to be able to be split into 3 quadrants. Reason im asking...
  10. problem with lost icons and start button

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with lost icons and start button: I have been using windows 10 for a few months now and this problem has happened twice now. The computer starts running very slowly and when I click on the start button = nothing happens so there is no way to shut the machine down except to shut it off. Also, I have lost the...