Windows 10: Start button is not working in Windows 10

Discus and support Start button is not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I received a recent update. The Start Button and Microsoft Edge are not working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SophoniaSimms, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Start button is not working in Windows 10

I received a recent update. The Start Button and Microsoft Edge are not working.

:)

SophoniaSimms, Sep 13, 2019
  2. twiggs462 Win User

Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Start button is not working in Windows 10

my window 10 start button is not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you as start button not working after upgrade to Windows 10.
    This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Method 2: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I would have you run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.
    Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

Hope it helps. Perform the above troubleshooting steps and kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

Start button is not working in Windows 10

1. Start button is not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Start button working

2. Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working: Hello,In last 2 months I have a strange problem with 4 different computers, where start and notification button stop working. All for computers have common this things:- Domain computer- Windows 10 21H2- Office 2021 Home and Business-...
  3. Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working: Hello,In last 2 months I have a strange problem with 4 different computers, where start and notification button stop working. All for computers have common this things:- Domain computer- Windows 10 21H2- Office 2021 Home and Business-...
  4. Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 start button not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start button not working.: Just noticed that my win 10 start menu has stopped functioning:- start menu has stopped appearing on physical key press- start menu does not appear with left mouse click right mouse does bring up the quick menu but many options don't work - such as 'file explorer', but others...
  6. Windows 10 start button not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start button not working.: Just noticed that my win 10 start menu has stopped functioning:- start menu has stopped appearing on physical key press- start menu does not appear with left mouse click right mouse does bring up the quick menu but many options don't work - such as 'file explorer', but others...
  7. Windows 10 start button not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 start button not working

Windows 10 start button not working: Windows 10 start button not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-button-not-working/8b362dad-9cfa-4d7a-804e-2e112ad8d125
  9. Windows 10 start button not working

Windows 10 start button not working: Windows 10 start button not working and search button not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-button-not-working/5c4dc44d-07bf-4fe3-a4d8-870bad15c0b0
  10. start button in windows 10 is not working

start button in windows 10 is not working: Since 2 weeks, my Start button in bottom left corner stopped working. When I click the button (icon), the processor seems to be working on something but the Menu does never pop up. Since I did not install any new software (other than the automatic MS Windows and Office...