Windows 10: Start button items missing

Discus and support Start button items missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; File Explorer and Settings icons are sometimes missing when I click the start button. But in the start button, when I click "All Apps" and then return... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gogreen, Aug 13, 2015.

1. gogreen Win User

Start button items missing

File Explorer and Settings icons are sometimes missing when I click the start button. But in the start button, when I click "All Apps" and then return to the start button, File Explorer and Settings sometimes return. Sfc /scannow shows no errors. This problem occurs only on my laptop, not my desktop. Why are they sometimes initially missing?

Is this a Windows 10 bug?

:)

gogreen, Aug 13, 2015
  2. Saltgrass Win User

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3206632) has done something to my start menu.

You may want to attach a snipping tool picture for clarity. Are you saying the entire start menu/screen is missing when you click left click the Start Button? Do you mean certain items on the screen have been removed?

Saltgrass, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Peopletwo Win User
    C next.exe error windows 10

When I try to boot up I get the following errors of missing items for system error:

q15Core.dll

q15Quick.dll

q15WinExtras.dll

q15Widgets.dll

System will boot up, but internet explorer will not work and nothing else works correctly including the start button

Peopletwo, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Start button items missing

1. Start button items missing - Similar Threads - Start button items

2. Start button search results now show context menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button search results now show context menu items: If I do a search for a file or program from Start it now shows a second screen with items similar to right clicking on the results. Not sure how this got happened. Is there a way to restore it to old? [img] 117796
  3. Start Button Missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Button Missing: Suddenly, my Start button disappeared after updating Windows 10. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/start-button-missing/a51b3d37-c831-43dc-983d-b4fe5ff9298e
  4. Items shown by Start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Items shown by Start button: When I click the Start icon (bottom left) I get a vertical list containing the on/off, settings,and file manager. I am told that I could add Documents and Pictures to this list but I just don't know the right words to use to search for a way to make this happen. Can anyone...
  5. Windows Start Button Issues And Missing Edge Button

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Start Button Issues And Missing Edge Button: All of a sudden the Windows Start Button turns brown (not blue) and when I left click on it something is said about having to sign out and a critical error. Clicking that button, which you have to do to get rid of the dialogue box, restarts the OS and it happens again if you...
  6. Start-up item not starting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start-up item not starting.: In Program Files folder I have a file called "ClocX.exe". If I double-click on it the clock appears on my Desktop. But in Task Manager > Start-up I cannot get ClocX.exe to apear automatically on start-up whatever I do: drag ClocX.exe (or its Shortcut) on to the Start-up...
  7. Start button and task bar can not left click to open items

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button and task bar can not left click to open items: Hi Have a weird issue I have experienced in the past. First this was all working fine earlier no issues then all of a sudden I tried to open my weather channel app which I had been pulling up fine all day just stopped where it would open and then close immediately. I...
  8. Items some missing from Windows 10 start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Items some missing from Windows 10 start menu.: Suddenly the "Settings" and "File Explorer" options are missing from the start menu of my Windows 10x64 Pro installation. Any idea how to get them back? I tried going back to a restore point when I knew they were there they still didn't come back. 22642
  9. Missing PowerShell on r-click start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing PowerShell on r-click start button: I have seen the fix for this somewhere on 10F, but I can't find it. Right click on start button shows context menu, but on mine the PowerShell commands are missing. If I uncheck the option in taskbar properties/navigation, I get the 2 cmd prompt options, but if check the...
  10. Missing win logo start button next to search.

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing win logo start button next to search.: I have only one issue after four upgrades of windows 10 on four different computers. On one of my computers the windows logo start button is missing. It is probably an easy fix but I have not found it yet. The windows logo on my keyboard performs the same function, but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. items missing from start button