Windows 10: Start button lower left corner of screen

Discus and support Start button lower left corner of screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Start button in lower-left corner of screen/desktop is not responding to left click. Is there something an amateur can do? . 41609 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hofkar, Feb 21, 2016.

1. hofkar Win User

Start button lower left corner of screen

The Start button in lower-left corner of screen/desktop is not responding to left click.
    Is there something an amateur can do?

:)

hofkar, Feb 21, 2016

2. Wnndiows Start Button at lower left corner of Desktop

I have been using Windows 10 since first updating to it from Windows 8 a year ago, with little difficulty. However, suddenly today the Start button at the lower left corner of the screen will not work, nor does the adjacent search button.

All other taskbar buttons, e.g. Edge, work perfectly.

I find the problem annoying, since it removes easy access to Mail and all my Office apps.

Is this a fault that has suddenly appeared since the last update? It seems puzzling that all was well before today.

lynnpowell, Feb 21, 2016
  3. Wnndiows Start Button at lower left corner of Desktop

I have followed the instructions given in "Reinstall start menu in Windows 10" with complete success!

Thank you for your expert advice; I appreciate your taking the time to help me solve a problem that I would be totally unable to have solved.

Yours very gratefully,

Lynn Powell

lynnpowell, Feb 21, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Assuming RIGHT click at Start button still works ?..................

Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Feb 21, 2016
  5. hofkar Win User
    Thanks, it is somewhere else, and now I know a little bit more.
    I will try tech support and with teamviewer.org

hofkar, Feb 21, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Sorry the sfc does not help.
    Please post back after consulting teamviewer.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Feb 21, 2016
  7. hofkar Win User
    I reinstalled W 10 and all issues solved. Went to: C: - ESD - Windows - setup_exe - dobble-click.

hofkar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start button lower left corner of screen - Similar Threads - Start button lower

2. Having to press lower left corner instead of lower right corner in touchpad options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having to press lower left corner instead of lower right corner in touchpad options.: i don´t not have in options press the lower right corner on touchpad for right-click but lower left corner only. How od I change this? I can´t do right click with standard lower right. i can only tick on the lower left option. if I tick that off I can´t do right click at all....
  3. Having to press lower left corner instead of lower right corner in touchpad options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having to press lower left corner instead of lower right corner in touchpad options.: i don´t not have in options press the lower right corner on touchpad for right-click but lower left corner only. How od I change this? I can´t do right click with standard lower right. i can only tick on the lower left option. if I tick that off I can´t do right click at all....
  4. There's a button on the top left corner of my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's a button on the top left corner of my desktop: When it shows up, it removes all the desktop icons, and you can drag it to make a single temporary clone. If you click it after that, it makes an error sound and does nothing. If you click away, the clone disappears, and you can make another clone. But if you click the button...
  5. There's a button on the top left corner of my desktop

There's a button on the top left corner of my desktop: When it shows up, it removes all the desktop icons, and you can drag it to make a single temporary clone. If you click it after that, it makes an error sound and does nothing. If you click away, the clone disappears, and you can make another clone. But if you click the button...
  6. There's a button on the top left corner of my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Weird blue bar in lower left corner in windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird blue bar in lower left corner in windows 11 ?: I have this blue bar in left bottom corner in screen. It is allways on top, in games, and in every program. What it could be ? I cant click it, cant move it etc....
  8. Weird blue bar in lower left corner in windows 11 ?

Weird blue bar in lower left corner in windows 11 ?: I have this blue bar in left bottom corner in screen. It is allways on top, in games, and in every program. What it could be ? I cant click it, cant move it etc....
  9. date in taskbar lower left corner?

date in taskbar lower left corner?: How can I add the date in taskbar in the lower left corner? I want the date to show, but for now I only see the time... Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-in-taskbar-lower-left-corner/a01922f8-cdad-411a-a34e-d331a6dbaa7d
  10. icons have 2people in lower left corner in white box

icons have 2people in lower left corner in white box: Help....where did these white sharing squares on my icon come from and how do I get them off my icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-have-2people-in-lower-left-corner-in-white/bd389cab-c443-4dc8-a15d-7e59ef637a21