Windows 10: start button menu pops up by itself after login

Discus and support start button menu pops up by itself after login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; sometime when i login to my account, the start button menu pops up by itself right after login without me doing anything after login i dont even touch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by makhan10, Jun 5, 2021.

1. makhan10 Win User

start button menu pops up by itself after login

sometime when i login to my account, the start button menu pops up by itself right after login without me doing anything after login i dont even touch keyboard / mouse after login this is random problem pls forgive my poor english

:)

makhan10, Jun 5, 2021
  2. Rensouken Win User

Start menu button not working??

I found this suggestion on this website:

http://www.bidnessetc.com/

I followed these steps and it worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too:

Step 1: Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

Step 2: Type Powershell in Command Prompt and press Enter.

Step 3: Paste the following text in the Powershell window and press Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait for the command to run and ignore the red error prompts if they arise. The Start Menu should be operational now.

Rensouken, Jun 5, 2021
  3. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Jun 5, 2021
  4. start button menu pops up by itself after login

Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

start button menu pops up by itself after login

1. start button menu pops up by itself after login - Similar Threads - start button menu

2. Pop up window appear by itself after window login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop up window appear by itself after window login: [IMG] Got this pop up whenever window login after fee minutes by itself. Any idea? Have done disable startup and uninstall window update but still same. This issue seem to happen after dropbox app installed though...
  3. Start menu keeps popping up

Start menu keeps popping up: Past 4 days my start menu keeps popping up on my screen and closes by itself every second. I have tried every solution I have found online, I am using a regular pc with a mouse and keyboard, no touch pad. I have unplugged my keyboard just to watch it keep happening, reset my...
  4. start up menu window button not working

start up menu window button not working: My start up is not appearing on the screen. i have pressed it continuous times and it wont appear. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-menu-window-button-not-working/c2db60d0-bbd4-4f9d-af7e-a0bca9d4801a
  5. windows start menu pops up randomly.

windows start menu pops up randomly.: As it says in subject, my pc randomly pops up the start menu and sometimes the notification bar. Already performed a scan in command prompt. 0 issues. Do you have any suggestions on how i can fix this problem. Also occurs during gaming when all notifications are shut...
  6. Start Menu Button

Start Menu Button: My Start Menu button will not leave the corner even when I am in full screen on some other program [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/c5a7c99c-090b-4c74-a246-a01a05a75bf8
  7. Start Up Menu Shutdown Button

Start Up Menu Shutdown Button: When I Go To Shut down My Laptop I Hit the Start Up Button and hit shutdown and it takes me to a shut down windows screen asking me what I want to do. It use to be already set on shut down but now set on Switch User Anyone know what I do to get it back to open with shut...
  8. start menu button.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu button.: when I press start menu button the apps are all over the screen and theres no list of programs. Its a new laptop days old acer aspire 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/cd973177-9c07-41bc-9018-11f19c89242c
  9. WIN 10 - Pops up start menu

WIN 10 - Pops up start menu: Hi.I have one little problem in Windows 10. The Start menu always pops up after log on the desktop.When I log in for the first time on any of the accounts, the start menu will not pops up.This only happens when switch accounts on the second login. Is it possible to set...
  10. Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up: I have a Windows 10 computer with a new profile and the start menu will not open. It works fine on other profiles, but on new profiles, the start menu does not work. I tried downloading the repair tool, but it gives me, 0x80070005 Restricted. The domain account is set as an...