Windows 10: Start Button Not working after win update CANNOT ACCESS POWERSHELL

Discus and support Start Button Not working after win update CANNOT ACCESS POWERSHELL in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an update last night that ended in error, my bottom task bar is not working I'm getting "class not registered" errors when trying to access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavinderSingh5, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Start Button Not working after win update CANNOT ACCESS POWERSHELL

After an update last night that ended in error, my bottom task bar is not working I'm getting "class not registered" errors when trying to access the settings icon i cannot launch a power shell like many online resources are recommending its just flashes open for a sec and closes this laptop is less than 5 days old and this is crazy, other installed apps work it just appears to be only windows related.

:)

DavinderSingh5, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

OneDisc Access without Start Button

Hi Derek,

To fix your start button, we suggest that you follow these steps:

1. Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator.

• Right-click on Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type in Powershell and hit Enter.
    2. Paste the below command in the Administrator: Windows Powershell window, and press Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

3. Wait for the Powershell to execute and complete the command. Ignore the errors in red color that may pop up.

4. When finished, try clicking the start if it's already working.

Let us know how it goes.

Ramon Imp, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Lloydjim Win User

Start Button Not working after win update CANNOT ACCESS POWERSHELL

Windows 10 start button not working

Hi Ankit,

Many thanks for your kind help. This is the 2nd time I have tried these fixes and they do not work.

Start button still not working. System locks up and I have to reboot when using any media.

Regards

Lloydjim, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Start Button Not working after win update CANNOT ACCESS POWERSHELL

1. Start Button Not working after win update CANNOT ACCESS POWERSHELL - Similar Threads - Start Button working

2. DISM cleanup error in PowerShell- related to Start button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM cleanup error in PowerShell- related to Start button not working: After the most recent Windows 10 update installed 11/27/23 my Start button no longer works. I have been trying to fix the issue in PowerShell since restarting both my computer and Windows Explorer has not resolved the issue. When I run PowerShell, specifically the...
  3. After window update KB5031354 the Start button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After window update KB5031354 the Start button not working: Certainly! Here's a template for a complaint about the Start button not working after the Windows update KB5031354:Subject: Start Button Not Working After Windows Update KB5031354Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your...
  4. After window update KB5031354 the Start button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After window update KB5031354 the Start button not working: Certainly! Here's a template for a complaint about the Start button not working after the Windows update KB5031354:Subject: Start Button Not Working After Windows Update KB5031354Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your...
  5. Start button not working after W10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button not working after W10 update: The latest W10 update disabled the Start button, search box and power button in Ctrl, Alt, Delete screen. I had to uninstall the update to get the functions back. Every time there is an update I get some sort of collateral damage to important functionality. It makes me very...
  6. Pressing the start button doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pressing the start button doesn't work after update: Hello everyone, I have recently updated to Windows 10 2004 a bit of a late update because I have been also struggling with getting the update to go through for the past 6 months. It finally worked after a clean reinstall of the Windows. Ever since the update I can not bring...
  7. Start button not working after windows 10 update

Start button not working after windows 10 update: Start button not working after windows 10 update also i uninstall latest update but still not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working-after-windows-10-update/8ab12cc4-70d9-4ebe-9b70-ec4c7e28b318
  8. Start button wont work after recent update

Start button wont work after recent update: Did the update to 1909?? this week and since then 1 had problems launching from taskbar and 2 the start button on the left changes colour when overhovered but doesnt do anything so I cant get to the apps etc. Help!...
  9. Start Button, Cortana and powershell nnot working

Start Button, Cortana and powershell nnot working: Hello, my start button, cortana and powershell are not working, I have tried several manipulations here and there but the problem persists, help please...
  10. Start button not working after update applied this morning

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button not working after update applied this morning: Windows done an update this morning and now the start button doesn't work. Seems to be a common issue with a whole range of fixes out there and stuff that doesn't work, and stuff that makes it worse. Currently I'm trying to remove the updates to see if that fixes it....