Windows 10: Start Button not working in an Admin Account

Discus and support Start Button not working in an Admin Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I factory resetted my PC. When I tried to make a new account through an Admin Account,the start menu didn't open. It doesnt open,and the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArshhK, Jul 27, 2019.

1. ArshhK Win User

Start Button not working in an Admin Account

I factory resetted my PC.

When I tried to make a new account through an Admin Account,the start menu didn't open.

It doesnt open,and the taskbar settings don't work too.

How do I make a new account?

:)

ArshhK, Jul 27, 2019
  2. rk3066 Win User

Unable to remove icons on the Taskbar with a New User Account and hit/click the Start Button

Hello,

So I'm on Build 1607 and i am unable *To remove icons in the Task bar and hit/click the Start Button* and why is that when I* the Admin. can?

I just made this Account for my Sister's Kids. I even made them as Admin. but still

Edit: NVM, this Thread can be Deleted. I Deleted the Account and made a new one and it works now. Weird!

rk3066, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Start Button not working in an Admin Account

Start Button not working in Admin account Windows 10

I have recently activated the hidden Admin account on Windows 10 laptop in order to try and rectify a local user account issue. However when I login to the admin account the Start button does not work, neither does the Cortana search facility. The apps seem
    to work (I can open Edge e.g.) but without the start button and search facility I can't then logout either.

The same thing happened when I activated the guest account.

Any ideas

Thank you

johndannyMullins, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Start Button not working in an Admin Account

1. Start Button not working in an Admin Account - Similar Threads - Start Button working

2. Start Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Button Not Working: For the past week or so, the start menu button has not been working. After searching online, I've tried basically everything I can think of besides resetting Windows. I've tried:- Rebooting - Adding EnableXamlStartMenu to the registry - Reinstalling all windows packages...
  3. Start Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Button Not Working: For the past week or so, the start menu button has not been working. After searching online, I've tried basically everything I can think of besides resetting Windows. I've tried:- Rebooting - Adding EnableXamlStartMenu to the registry - Reinstalling all windows packages...
  4. Admin account not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin account not working: I have two user accounts on my laptop - One userID with administrative rights for special requirement only. And one userID with standard rights non-administrative for normal working.Of late, after all windows 10 updates, the laptop windows 10 Version 21H1; OS Build...
  5. Start button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button not working: I have an Hp laptop running version 20H (OS build 19042.928) and the start button is not working. This happened after I got remote support for a program that was returning some errors. The people who gave me support for said program have spend an entire week trying to fix...
  6. Start button is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button is not working: My laptop start button is not working correctly when IClick on it nothing happens, the windows key on the keyboard is not working aswell. If I move the pointer to the bottom left of the windowsbutton and click it opens up as if I have left clicked. I have tried restarting...
  7. Admin account not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin account not working: Hello, I had an admin account on my PC and I wanted to create a new admin account so I created a new one and gave admin privileges. After that, I tried to log in with the new account but it didn't work. I thought it had something to do with the old account so I deleted the...
  8. Start Button not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start Button not working: Start Button not working after Windows 10 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working/3cfa7f07-9f20-4939-9365-2b4612d61a8a
  9. start button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button not working: start button stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working/8227ba9a-2479-489f-b5bb-9d7c5237bb7a
  10. Start Button Not Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button Not Working?: What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working? 48746