Windows 10: Start Button Not Working?

Discus and support Start Button Not Working? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working? 48746 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by twiggs462, Apr 28, 2016.

1. twiggs462 Win User

Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

:)

twiggs462, Apr 28, 2016
  2. Anil Madishetty, Apr 28, 2016
  3. Windows 10 start button not working, start button not working, had to reload security software, edge not working

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the update.

Please try the suggestions provided earlier and let us know the result of each so we can further research on the issue and assist you accordingly.

Niranjan Manjhi, Apr 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if your start menu fails to appear, try this:

http://www.urtech.ca/2015/05/solved-...-not-function/

Option 4 - powershell command- this seems to be working again after having broken apps since November 2015.

Use the search box above to search for
    start menu not working
    - many threads, look for any marked solved first off.

No one is sure how this happens as far as I know.

dalchina, Apr 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Start Button Not Working? - Similar Threads - Start Button Working

2. Start(Windows) button not working!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start(Windows) button not working!!!!!!: Start menu in Windows 10 Home is not opening(From both keyboard and display button). I have tried all ways and solutions given on the previously asked same question. Still not working!!!...
  3. Start button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button not working: Start button not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-button-not-working/741d7bdb-1055-48ee-9aa2-d32cef6e6830
  4. Start menu button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu button not working: Hello guys , i am runing windows 10 PRO x64, from time to time , i can't find a pattern , the start menu button decides not to work at all, i click it , nothing happens , i hit windows key on my keyboard , nothing happens. The solution is windows explorer process restart. Can...
  5. start button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    start button not working: I did the upgrade and know my start window wont work I cant get to the apps or shortcut windows*Mad 23819
  6. Start Button displaying but not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button displaying but not working: The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or...
  7. start button don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    start button don't work: when i click on the start button, either right or left click, there is absolutelyno kind of response. i cannot get to the control panel, nor turn off the laptop, nor anything else. the stupid thing is only two months old what is wrong with it, other than it being windows...
  8. Start button stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button stopped working: I made some changes to my network settings in an attempt to determine what was preventing my desktop system from sleeping. I was restarting my system after each change, and now my Start button has stopped working. Microsoft Edge crashed immediately when opened one time prior...
  9. Taskbar/Start Button NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Start Button NOT WORKING: Hello, I have a Surface Pro 3, updated for Windows 10. I have been switching in and out of tablet mode, and I find myself at a point where now my task bar are not working. For example, when I click on the "Action Center" nothing pops up, or when I click on the WiFi...
  10. Start Button & Edge Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button & Edge Not Working: I upgraded to Windows 10 in early August and all has been well until this week when I find that when I left click on the start button nothing happens (right click is fine), and Microsoft Edge seems to have disappeared from my PC (although the icon remains on the Quick Start...