Windows 10: Start button position

Discus and support Start button position in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. How can I set the start button on bottom while taskbar is located vertically on the left side of screen? By default, if taskbar is located... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dennimir, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Dennimir Win User

Start button position

Hello.

How can I set the start button on bottom while taskbar is located vertically on the left side of screen?

By default, if taskbar is located vertically on the left side of screen, the start button is located on the top.

:)

Dennimir, Apr 15, 2019
  2. MesPia Win User

Nice if Start screen "remembered" its position

This is not really a problem to be solved now, but a suggestion to Microsoft for a future update or version of Windows.

It would be nice if the Start screen remembered its position. For example, if I open the Start screen and scroll down to those applications that start with the letter "W", the next time I open the Start screen, it reverts back to displaying the top of the
    list. It would be nice if it "remembered" I was on "W" and opened at that position.

MesPia, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Start button position

Spell checker stopped in win 10 Edge disappeared, response to left click on start button vanished

I suggest that you try the steps below and check if it helps:

• On the search bar type 'Settings' then select the button
      'Change PC Setting’.
    • Select 'Typing' and then set 'Highlight Misspelled Words' slider to the
      "On" position.
    • If you want setting to have automatically correct any misspelled words then you need to set
      'Autocorrect Misspelled Words' slider to the "On" position.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

My, reply:

All sliders are set to on.

I don't much care that edge is gone, it seemed to be just another browser.

Clicking in the start button mostly brought up useless ads and website link, the only thing of value was the application list

I do want the spell checker fixed.

LenLundgren, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Start button position

1. Start button position - Similar Threads - Start button position

2. Start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button: when I close out of whatever app I am in, rather than seeing the desktop, I am treated to what looks similar to the start screen even though full-screen start is off. this page seems to be titled "pinned apps", and behind it I can see my desktop pic, but not the desktop...
  3. Start button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start button: Start button does not show program list or power down options. Can you assist please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button/2c337b41-0aa1-40cc-82d7-2c4bf4f35ac4
  4. start button

start button: I lost my original screen that was a custom-setup for my programs that I use. Is there a way to get the original start screen back? The way it came from the software company? thank you....
  5. Tile Position on Start Menu

Tile Position on Start Menu: I have two systems running Windows 10. On one system, I can move any of the tiles from one position to any other position in the start menu simply by drag'n'drop within the menu. On the other system I can select a tile drag it to a vacant position but it "springs back"...
  6. Cursor start position changed

Cursor start position changed: Hi, a few months ago, a change occurred on multiple devices, at least in Windows Media Player, probably other programs as well. When a section of text in a field, such as a song title, is highlighted, it used to be that pressing the left arrow caused the cursor to start at...
  7. Start Button

Start Button: my start button will not display any programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-button/1e6f2289-fdaf-4fa0-b9eb-347dc509f1fa
  8. Start button

Start button: The start key has stopped working (the one that looks like a window), how do I fix this. I can't access any of my apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/start-button/a3d0a83e-ea63-47ea-a90e-1260d1e16c1f
  9. start button

start button: Is there a way to change the Start button ? I searched with Google but couldn't find anything Thanks 14525
  10. Start Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button: The Start Button and Cortana went off the screen at the bottom. I know I still have them if I switch the taskbar to the right of the screen in a vertical position. Both the Start Button and Cortana will now show. So how do I get them to show if I switch the taskbar from the...