Windows 10: start button problem on windows 10

Discus and support start button problem on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i was watching a movie on vlc 3 days ago, i accidently pressed alt gr button maybe or ctrl button i dont remember, since then after i log into windows,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shivam Jha 298, Jun 20, 2020.

1. start button problem on windows 10

i was watching a movie on vlc 3 days ago, i accidently pressed alt gr button maybe or ctrl button i dont remember, since then after i log into windows, the start button, ctrl button,alt and alt gr produce a notification sound after they are pressed and responds after 3rd keypress,, as soon as i press ctrl+shift or any two of these buttons same time ,this problem vanishesh and appears again after booting, i have tried troubleshooting,safe mode and a few things nothing works. please help.

:)

Shivam Jha 298, Jun 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2020
  3. twiggs462 Win User
    Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Jun 20, 2020
  4. start button problem on windows 10

Windows 10 Start Button

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to access Start button form both the user accounts that you have on your computer, we will help you to resolve this issue.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Method 2: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I would have you run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
      Exit, and then press Enter.
    Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

Hope this information is helpful. Perform the above troubleshooting steps and kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

start button problem on windows 10

1. start button problem on windows 10 - Similar Threads - start button problem

2. Problem Windows 10 START BUTTON not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Windows 10 START BUTTON not working: Hi everyone, I have a problem in many windows 10 desktops with all updates installed, in which the start search button and notifications start to stop working, I have tried system restores, sfc / scannow, dism / online various options but nothing, the only solution currently...
  3. Problem Windows 10 START BUTTON not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Windows 10 START BUTTON not working: Hi everyone, I have a problem in many windows 10 desktops with all updates installed, in which the start search button and notifications start to stop working, I have tried system restores, sfc / scannow, dism / online various options but nothing, the only solution currently...
  4. Problem Windows 10 START BUTTON not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Have a problem with start button

Have a problem with start button: hi when i press the start button where is located the button to close the pc, something is wrong, you know when you press tab and is swiping trough buttons, that does to me, but i don't press , and it makes with the file explorer search bar too and when i open settings,...
  6. Problems with the start button.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with the start button.: Hey there, I'm having an issue with my pc where if i let it idle for more than 10 minutes or so, the start button stops working and if try to restart windows explorer it just crashes entirely. The pc also gets stuck if i try and shut it down or restart it after it's the...
  7. START BUTTON Problem

START BUTTON Problem: Hi, about one month ago after last updating my PC's START BUTTON does not work! I did anything the I searched about this problem but I could not fix it and also surprisingly RUN as administrator disappeared. how can I fix it? please help me. Thank you....
  8. Problems with Windows start button

Problems with Windows start button: Since last update I have not been able to use the Windows start button. It stays gray/black all the time. Only able to right click, but does not open with normal click. [ATTACH] I have tried all the normal things to restart windows, checked upgrades etc. Nothing has changed...
  9. problem start button

problem start button: I cant press the windows button on the bottom left and i cant click on the magnifying glass...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-start-button/7814b9ac-ac26-41ff-aaf1-6686855aa31b
  10. Problems with start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with start button: Just taken delivery of a new HP Pavilion x2 detachable 10-n000na and having trouble at times powering up.The power button hardly protrudes from the case and sometimes when I press the button it fails to respond.Is there any sequence for start up that I am failing to use. 27316