Windows 10: Start button right-click does not work (again)..

Discus and support Start button right-click does not work (again).. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear All, I presume some of you are familiar with the start button right click failure. I run Windows 2004, version 20175.1000 (pre-release... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kokkolis, Jul 23, 2020.

1. kokkolis Win User

Start button right-click does not work (again)..

Dear All,

I presume some of you are familiar with the start button right click failure. I run Windows 2004, version 20175.1000 (pre-release 200717.1349). The failure of the right-click to work on the start button is an issue I've faced a few times.

I have already visited the famous WinX folder, replaced subfolders Group 1/2/3, and in the past this had cured the problem.

I have now noticed the issue has returned again, and I am having prior to upgrading to this latest Dev version. I can see the shortcuts inside the subfolders Group 1/2/3, the shortcuts work when clicking directly onto them, but still right-clicking on the start button does nothing.

Has anyone had a chance for a solution? Previous solutions that date back 5 years suggested the use of a custom little .exe that had done the trick at that time, has anyone come with anything else?

This is the old thread with the then accepted solution:
    Start Menu button right click menu fails

Thanks a lot,
    Christos

:)

kokkolis, Jul 23, 2020
  2. kokkolis Win User

Dear All,

I presume some of you are familiar with the start button right click failure. I run Windows 2004, version 20175.1000 (pre-release 200717.1349). The failure of the right-click to work on the start button is an issue I've faced a few times.

I have already visited the famous WinX folder, replaced subfolders Group 1/2/3, and in the past this had cured the problem.

I have now noticed the issue has returned again, and I am having prior to upgrading to this latest Dev version. I can see the shortcuts inside the subfolders Group 1/2/3, the shortcuts work when clicking directly onto them, but still right-clicking on the start button does nothing.

Has anyone had a chance for a solution? Previous solutions that date back 5 years suggested the use of a custom little .exe that had done the trick at that time, has anyone come with anything else?

This is the old thread with the then accepted solution:
    Start Menu button right click menu fails

Thanks a lot,
    Christos

kokkolis, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Aug 4, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

It does not work this way since the content of group folders were built with some kind of hash algorithm.

Try to download the latest version of WINX menu editor (Version 3.0): Downloads / Software / Win+X Menu Editor allows you to add or remove Win+X menu items
    Extract and right click to run as Admin.
    Hitelite each group and click "Remove" then click on "Restart Explorer"
    Click on "Restore Defaults". then click on "Restart Explorer" again

NOTE: Out of curiosity, I did try the steps above to rebuild everything and it works. BTW, I am running Windows 10 2004.

topgundcp, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Start button right-click does not work (again).. - Similar Threads - Start button right

2. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  3. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  4. Windows 10 Start Button Right-Click does not work (one more time)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Button Right-Click does not work (one more time): Tested on Windows [Version 10.0.19042.928] After trying all solutions posted on different forums like the WinX folder fix found here: Start button right-click does not work (again).. , I finaly found out that the registry key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.lnk" was corupted. I copied...
  5. Start Button, Search Bar, and Right Click no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Button, Search Bar, and Right Click no longer working: Hi Everyone! I just started using Windows 10 last week for the first time (Windows 7 for a decade at this point). I purchased one of those HP EliteDesk ultra small form factor PCs. Everything was working fine as I was starting to move files over from another PC as well as...
  6. Windows 10 start button right click does not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start button right click does not work.: Windows 10 start button right click does not bring up the options menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-button-right-click-does-not-work/5f695c82-fc35-4dfe-b401-f81beeff1c30
  7. Right click does not work

Right click does not work: When I right click on the desktop, Windows hangs Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-does-not-work/60a5179b-7fd3-4ec2-a92c-97e5919f8483
  8. start button right click menu

start button right click menu: when I right click on the start button, nothing happens, no menu. Also, when I start windows, I get this error: This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows". The two things happened about the same time, not sure if...
  9. Start button & right clicking on taskbar icons suddenly does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button & right clicking on taskbar icons suddenly does not work: Something has suddenly changed on my computer (I used the AOL Computer Checkup program yesterday but this problem seems to have started today). Here are the two issues: When I left click on the Start Button, nothing happens. If I right click, I get a pop-up menu that is...
  10. Right click start button - some links do not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click start button - some links do not work: Hi Guys, Another issue I see (on a different Win10 machine) is when i right click the start menu the links that are pointed out in red do not work. all other links work fine. It seems the shortcuts are broken but i looked in the user folders and they are all there....