Windows 10: Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

Discus and support Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, My PC is only about 3 or 4 months old. That being said, the most recent things that have happened were an update on my pc on the 19th of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mike B._90, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

Hi there, My PC is only about 3 or 4 months old. That being said, the most recent things that have happened were an update on my pc on the 19th of this month, and I moved my OS from my hdd to an ssd. I cant pinpoint exactly when the issues started happening, but it was within the last few days. I move my mouse cursor over the start button and the notification button, they highlight but will not engage when clicked. I CAN right click the start button and access the options listed, although I cannot do the same with the notification button. As for the search bar, it might as well not exist.

:)

Mike B._90, Jun 25, 2022

2. Start Button and Search Bar Probloems

I am having problems with my start button and search bar they don't respond the right click on the start button does work though.

BIGGEST CHUNGUS, Jun 25, 2022
  3. Windows 10 start button and search on task bar not working

I have Windows 10 and my start button and search functions on the task bar have quit working.

KellyBucey, Jun 25, 2022
  4. JJG10 Win User

Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

Add a button to the address bar.

I would like to add the Zoom button to my new Edge address bar. Have found the following how to do it on the web but they don't work like the instructions say.

How to manage the address bar buttons on Microsoft Edge

To customize the buttons that appear next to the address bar, use these steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
    2. Click the Settings and more menu button on the top-right corner. (I assume that is the three dots in a row)
    3. Select the Show in toolbar sub-menu. (Don't see 'Show in toobar)
    4. Click the action button that you want to add or remove from the toolbar.

Thanks for any help.

Almost forgot, W10 ver 1909.

JJG10, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

1. Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar - Similar Threads - Start button Search

2. Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar: Hi there, My PC is only about 3 or 4 months old. That being said, the most recent things that have happened were an update on my pc on the 19th of this month, and I moved my OS from my hdd to an ssd. I cant pinpoint exactly when the issues started happening, but it was within...
  3. Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar: Hi there, My PC is only about 3 or 4 months old. That being said, the most recent things that have happened were an update on my pc on the 19th of this month, and I moved my OS from my hdd to an ssd. I cant pinpoint exactly when the issues started happening, but it was within...
  4. start button and search bar working on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button and search bar working on the task bar: Hiright someone please help me out here, both of the start button and search bar at the bottom on the task bar are irresponsible. went to settings-personalisation-taskbar and search isn’t even there to click never mind it being off. i don’t know if somethings deleted or...
  5. start button and search bar working on the task bar

start button and search bar working on the task bar: Hiright someone please help me out here, both of the start button and search bar at the bottom on the task bar are irresponsible. went to settings-personalisation-taskbar and search isn’t even there to click never mind it being off. i don’t know if somethings deleted or...
  6. Task Bar & Start Button

Task Bar & Start Button: After installing firmware updates and others for Windows 11, everything at the bottom of the page including the task bar, start buttons, clock, wifi, speaker volume, all disappeared....
  7. Start Button and Search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button and Search bar not working: Hi All, I have tried googling the above issues and took several steps to solve this to no avail. below are the steps which I took: 1 SFC scan - told me not issues. 2 Clean boot 3 Get-AppXPackage- Error: The database disk image is malformed 4 Start application...
  8. start button and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start button and search bar not working: dear sir respectfully i beg to say that after purchase of laptop i face many problem in window 10 i install program and after installation window not working properly. program running after installing and after restart program not work. 8 days working i want to solution...
  9. START button on the task bar is not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    START button on the task bar is not working.: This happened this evening. No updates were running in background. I was surfing internet on Microsoft Edge and then suddenly found that Windows START button was not responding. All other buttons of the taskbar are responding as it is. I did a restart but that didn't help...
  10. Start button + task bar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button + task bar not working: Hi, Got my Win 10 at the lauch day and have been enjoying it until I decided to do some clean up. I ran Ccleaner and Puran utilities reg cleaning tools. After that the start button and task bar became unresponsive. I tried to google the issue and found out a sort of a...