Windows 10: Start button, Search button, Windows key no longer working after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Start button, Search button, Windows key no longer working after latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the latest update my computer wouldn't even boot. Eventually after multiple lost count cold boots it would start, but many of them stalled.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by needtoknowKF, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Start button, Search button, Windows key no longer working after latest Windows 10 update

After the latest update my computer wouldn't even boot. Eventually after multiple lost count cold boots it would start, but many of them stalled. Eventually after getting to the start page, I though I was good. But no, as soon as a program or 2 was opened windows itself would crash. I use my laptop nearly exclusively for work. I spend close to 10 hours with IT to get the programs I needed up and running to work after losing 2 days, which means no pay for those 2 days. Unless I open those programs in a certain order and plug in my external devices needed in a certain order, I'm back to square one and the system hangs. I have to start with nothing, not even AC power plugged in which as of today, worked for the first time. My Start button, Search bar, and Windows button no longer work. I NEED a fully functional computer again!! I spent $1000 on this one, and it isn't in my budget to replace it, nor should I have to.

This is also happened with the update previous to this, although not on the same scale and I hadn't lost those key features which I need. Is there going to be a fix? A patch? All software is up to date, no viruses, no malware.

:)

needtoknowKF, Apr 9, 2021
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Apr 9, 2021
  3. weybrew Win User
    Windows 10 START and SEARCH buttons don't work

For some reason both my main Windows button and Search buttons don't work. Other buttons on the Task Bar work as usual. Right click on either button gives a white-on-black context menu. Anyone have a suggestion, please?

weybrew, Apr 9, 2021
  4. twiggs462 Win User

Start button, Search button, Windows key no longer working after latest Windows 10 update

Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Start button, Search button, Windows key no longer working after latest Windows 10 update

1. Start button, Search button, Windows key no longer working after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Start button Search

2. My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10: My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10. Search bar will not receive any characters I type. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-and-search-bar-are-no-longer/8cfcd361-ea90-49cf-9622-647a31820fee
  3. My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10: My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10. Search bar will not receive any characters I type. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-and-search-bar-are-no-longer/8cfcd361-ea90-49cf-9622-647a31820fee
  4. My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows start button and search not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start button and search not working.: Windows start button and search not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-and-search-not-working/22085c48-4e9a-4d45-9123-c7a9c733b729
  6. Windows start button and search not working.

Windows start button and search not working.: Windows start button and search not working after updating Windows 11 to 22H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-and-search-not-working/22085c48-4e9a-4d45-9123-c7a9c733b729
  7. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  8. start button, search button not working

start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  9. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  10. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...