Windows 10: Start Button Search Graphics Glitch

Discus and support Start Button Search Graphics Glitch in Cortana to solve the problem; I am seeing a graphics glitch when I try to search something from the start button. It only shows half the search and the rest of the start button... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Devon Paulson, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Start Button Search Graphics Glitch

I am seeing a graphics glitch when I try to search something from the start button. It only shows half the search and the rest of the start button popup becomes transparent. Any idea how to fix? It doesn't really affect anything it just looks weird. I included a screenshot below.

Start Button Search Graphics Glitch d877b0d7-b54a-44f5-9656-0190f14ecd0b?upload=true.png

Edit: immediately after I posted this topic the issue resolved itself. I will update if it happens again.

:)

Devon Paulson, Dec 3, 2019

2. Graphical(?) glitch happening, windows 10

Hello Shado,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 3, 2019
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Start Button Search Graphics Glitch

Start button and search bar not working

Problem that start button and search do not work has NOT been resolved. I have tried the steps suggested in previous answers but this has not worked. Altogether very frustrating and a big turn off to my opinion of Windows 10. HELP!

Original Title: MikeKetley

MichaelKetley, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Start Button Search Graphics Glitch

1. Start Button Search Graphics Glitch - Similar Threads - Start Button Search

2. Computer/Graphics glitches on Screen???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer/Graphics glitches on Screen???: Alright, here is the wrap, I recently built my entire PC. It has been working fine for about a week. Now im having this really strange issue. Whenever Im in a game or any sort or anything, randomly the screen glitches. Now this is a weird glitch, its like space invaders all...
  3. Start search bar is glitching.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start search bar is glitching.: Hi there, When I try and type in the search bar on the bottom left hand side of my screen it just glitches. I can type (for example) "sniping tool" and nothing shows and when I press the enter key nothing happens either. :( Any idea why ?...
  4. Start Button and Search Bar Probloems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button and Search Bar Probloems: I am having problems with my start button and search bar they don't respond the right click on the start button does work though. 129537
  5. Graphical glitch on screenshots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphical glitch on screenshots: This just started happening recently. I use Lightshot primarily, but its happening with Snipping Tool as well. There's a visual glitch in the left corner of any screenshot I take, where it slightly repeats the right side of the screen. Occasionally, there will be a single,...
  6. Graphical and sound glitches

in Browsers and Email
    Graphical and sound glitches: Basically my laptop does a bunch of weird graphical gitches on screen, like a few lines out of place or something. But sometimes it will be much worse as in the case of trying to watch a youtube video (see video link). Also when listening to music on headphones the sound...
  7. Graphical and sound glitches

in Windows 10 Support
    Graphical and sound glitches: Basically my laptop does a bunch of weird graphical gitches on screen, like a few lines out of place or something. But sometimes it will be much worse as in the case of trying to watch a youtube video (see video link). Also when listening to music on headphones the sound...
  8. Button window glitch

in Windows 10 Support
    Button window glitch: Hello, i just installed a fresh windows 10 since was using 8.1 till now. I found only a problem till now which bother me because i want to disable Pagefile but this glitch make it impossible. [img] It's some bug from Windows or something wrong with my machine only?...
  9. Start button search broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button search broken?: When I click on the Start button and type control panel, I'm sitting under Bing search which is definitely now what I want. What I expect is for this to work like it use to where it should bring Control Panel to the top left pane so I can select it to open Control panel....
  10. Change Start button Search to Search WIndows only

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Start button Search to Search WIndows only: When I click the start button and start typing to search for something, I want it to search on my computer, not internet too. Can this be changed to do that? If I want to search the web I'll open Google. 5632