Windows 10: Start button search results now show context menu items

Discus and support Start button search results now show context menu items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I do a search for a file or program from Start it now shows a second screen with items similar to right clicking on the results. Not sure how this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FrostyWinnipeg, Sep 13, 2018.

1. FrostyWinnipeg Win User

Start button search results now show context menu items

If I do a search for a file or program from Start it now shows a second screen with items similar to right clicking on the results.

Not sure how this got happened. Is there a way to restore it to old?

Start button search results now show context menu items [​IMG]

:)

FrostyWinnipeg, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Crazy IT Dude Win User

Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Holger Z Win User
    Windows 10 start button context menu

You can "disable" the start button context menu by deleting its items.

Go to "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX"

You'll find some Folders like "Group1", "Group2", ...

Move them to another location or delete them

After restarting at least explorer.exe, the start-button context menu doesn't show anymore

Holger Z, Sep 13, 2018
  4. AZTT Win User

Windows 10 start button context menu

Thanks!

Thema:

1. Start button search results now show context menu items - Similar Threads - Start button search

2. Modify Context Menu Item Title

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modify Context Menu Item Title: I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the title of existing context menu items. I would like to simply shorten some titles to make the right-click context menu...
  3. Modify Title of Context Menu Item

in Windows 10 Support
    Modify Title of Context Menu Item: I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the title of existing context menu items. I would like to simply shorten some titles to make the right-click context menu...
  4. Arranging Context Menu Items.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arranging Context Menu Items.: I spent yesterday fiddling with my context menu (Right-Click Menu). I downloaded and installed nearly a dozen different apps/programs. I settled on a couple and went to work adding commands. Here's the problem: Once the items show up in the Context/Right Click menu, there's...
  5. Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu.: I have GeForce Experience installed and working perfectly. However, when I try to navigate to it through the windows app search, an unknown file is shown which does not respond to either left or right click. Screenshot attached. How can I find where the file shown in...
  6. Search not showing any results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing any results: Windows search is not showing any results. It keeps searching... 21347
  7. Can't pin anything to start menu? and start menu search results?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin anything to start menu? and start menu search results?: Either the Windows 10 start menu really sucks or I am using it wrong. I am used to the StartisBack/Windows 7 menu where you can pin anything and all applications will come up in search results. In the Windows 10 menu, I can't pin anything to the start menu that's not already...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu Search Not Displaying Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search Not Displaying Results: When I go to search something like "photoshop" Adobe Photoshop CC should pop up. But I only get results from searching on Bing and not from searching the computer locally. 17229
  9. Start button items missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button items missing: File Explorer and Settings icons are sometimes missing when I click the start button. But in the start button, when I click "All Apps" and then return to the start button, File Explorer and Settings sometimes return. Sfc /scannow shows no errors. This problem occurs only on...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886