Windows 10: Start Button Search

Discus and support Start Button Search in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As of this morning, none of my computers laptop and desktop and tablet will produce search results when clicking START >> then typing something. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by re4med, Feb 5, 2020.

1. re4med Win User

Start Button Search

As of this morning, none of my computers laptop and desktop and tablet will produce search results when clicking START >> then typing something. It worked yesterday. Thus clicking START > Word produces nothing. The START button works, otherwise.

I did rebuild the index. Nothing.

Windows 10
    Build: 18363.628

Regards,

:)

re4med, Feb 5, 2020

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Start button and search bar not working

Problem that start button and search do not work has NOT been resolved. I have tried the steps suggested in previous answers but this has not worked. Altogether very frustrating and a big turn off to my opinion of Windows 10. HELP!

Original Title: MikeKetley

MichaelKetley, Feb 5, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

Start Button Search

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Start Button Search

1. Start Button Search - Similar Threads - Start Button Search

2. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  3. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  4. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  5. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  6. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Start button + search unwanted

in Cortana
    Start button + search unwanted: Hi Allo when I click on a button Start I alwalys have a search windows active and I am not ablte to close it! Thanks for your help. Regards JohnBi [ATTACH]...
  8. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.: My PC start and search button of the taskbar is not functioning. Whenever I clicked on start and search button, nothing happens, there is no start menu and no search dialogue box on clicking those buttons. However, when I hover on the start and search buttons, they display...
  9. Start Button Search Graphics Glitch

in Cortana
    Start Button Search Graphics Glitch: I am seeing a graphics glitch when I try to search something from the start button. It only shows half the search and the rest of the start button popup becomes transparent. Any idea how to fix? It doesn't really affect anything it just looks weird. I included a screenshot...
  10. Start button search broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button search broken?: When I click on the Start button and type control panel, I'm sitting under Bing search which is definitely now what I want. What I expect is for this to work like it use to where it should bring Control Panel to the top left pane so I can select it to open Control panel....