Windows 10: Start button stops working after computer is left unattended for several hours.

Discus and support Start button stops working after computer is left unattended for several hours. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I'm away from my Windows 10 computer desktop for many hours, the Start button will stop working. I'll try my best to give an exact description.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by James is still learning, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Start button stops working after computer is left unattended for several hours.

When I'm away from my Windows 10 computer desktop for many hours, the Start button will stop working. I'll try my best to give an exact description. The Start button will be disabled when I click on it with the left mouse button and also not working with the Windows key on the keyboard. However, the Start button will work when I right-click on it but the Right-click doesn't give the full functionality of the Start button such as bringing up the names of the programs on the computer.

When the Windows button had become unresponsive, I was rebooting the computer and then things would be normal again after Windows was loaded once more. Then I discovered, I could right-click the Start button and merely sign out. This method is much quicker still and convenient.

However, I'm looking for an actual fix for the problem. I don't want some silly work-around.

Does someone know of an actual simple fix for this issue? Seeking a solution that doesn't involve asking the affected user to constantly check for updates and/or inputting complicated changes thru an AdminCommand Prompt.

:)

James is still learning, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Tilghman Win User

Start Button Stopped Working

Yesterday the start button stopped responding. Cortana works okay and right clicking the start button opens a long list beginning with Programs and Features through Desktop. I restored from a point yesterday before experiencing the problem. Did not help.
    Any suggestions?

Tilghman, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Aug 6, 2019
  4. dehermens Win User

Start button stops working after computer is left unattended for several hours.

Left Click does nothing on start button

I was having the same problem. Of the five steps you list I tried the third. By going to Full Screen ON and then back to OFF, The menu came up fine when I left clicked. Thanks!

dehermens, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Start button stops working after computer is left unattended for several hours.

1. Start button stops working after computer is left unattended for several hours. - Similar Threads - Start button stops

2. Blue screen if left unattended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen if left unattended: Hello. Recently I frequently get blue screens when I leave my computer inactive for 30 minutes to an hour. Also, on rare occasions, it freezes while browsing. For some strange reason this has never happened during a game. When I check the stop code, it is often...
  3. Computer Start Button not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Start Button not working: Hello, my windows is working fine. I can open apps such as chrome an zoom but I cannot press the start button. I cannot go on settings, task manager, apps on the start menu, Cortana, search bar. Nothing seems to be working. I cannot even shut down the computer, I have to...
  4. Windows 10 freezes if left unattended - then it starts working again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes if left unattended - then it starts working again: Hello I am continuously experiencing the following issue. I turn on my PC, log in to Windows 10 and everything is awesome. I then leave the PC unattended, without moving the mouse cursor and when I get back to the computer, the cursor still moves but the PC is in a "pre...
  5. Left button on mouse suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left button on mouse suddenly stopped working: I was watching Youtube and for some reason, when I tried to left click using the left button on my mouse, it didn't work, though right clicking did. Any ideas on how to fix?...
  6. Mouse left button stops working intermittently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse left button stops working intermittently: I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse I tried so please...
  7. After idle for several hours, computer seems frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    After idle for several hours, computer seems frozen: Hello,everyone, I recently upgraded my Windows 7 Professional system (custom built) to Windows 10 Professional. The upgrade went beautifully - almost too easy. Things were going great until yesterday (11/18/17). When I went to my home office to work, the screen was black as...
  8. Start button stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button stopped working: I made some changes to my network settings in an attempt to determine what was preventing my desktop system from sleeping. I was restarting my system after each change, and now my Start button has stopped working. Microsoft Edge crashed immediately when opened one time prior...
  9. Start-Button stops working after random time

in Windows 10 Support
    Start-Button stops working after random time: Hello! My start-button in windows 10 1511 becomes unresponsive after some time of working. The programs already running keep on running normally, but sometimes if this problem occurs, i can't open task-manager through ctrl-shift-esc, ctrl-alt-del doesn't work also. This...
  10. Start button has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button has stopped working: Hey guys wondering if some of you can help me out. The start button on windows 10 has stopped working for me. It came right after I installed a new graphics card though in the days before I had noticed strange stuff like when I searched for an app and clicked on its icon...