Windows 10: Start button - taskbar

Discus and support Start button - taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like how Windows 8 did not have the start button. When they updated to Windows 10, the least they could have done is give us the option of having it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Akash_Pratap_Singh, May 17, 2019.

1. Start button - taskbar

I like how Windows 8 did not have the start button. When they updated to Windows 10, the least they could have done is give us the option of having it on the taskbar, like the Cortana thing. Who clicks on the button anyways?

Please recommend if I can do anything to remove that button. It'll be better if I dont have to use 3rd party apps and could just manage it with editing some program file or something

:)

Akash_Pratap_Singh, May 17, 2019
  2. gammalin Win User

Start Button and taskbar not working

I did as suggested but didn't get to Troubleshoot or Reset computer. When it started back up with taskbar was complete and start button working. Everything seems ok, but slower. So thanks for that. Can you tell me about creating restore point manually and creating system image backup ?

gammalin, May 17, 2019
  3. Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button

I want jump lists on both taskbar and Start button, they are only showing on Start button. I have checked the registry key that controls this attribute and the value is "1" so both should show. The "Show recently opened items... " switch in Settings is set to ON. Something is supressing the jump lists on my Taskbar icons. I do get live thumbnails on the icons but that is all. Right clicking does nothing.

Windows 10 Pro is an upgrade install and did not clean install afterwards. In my opinion not needed. I have run SFC /scannow and got a clean report.

CORRECTION: The Start button is showing the context menu on right click, not the jump list, unless that IS the jump list.

Is the registry key value 1 to show the jump lists?

Cbarnhorst, May 17, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Start button - taskbar

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Start button - taskbar

1. Start button - taskbar - Similar Threads - Start button taskbar

2. START BUTTON AND TASKBAR ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    START BUTTON AND TASKBAR ERROR: Hey everyone,I am having problems with my taskbar. Most of the buttons don't work including start and search button. I can left click on the taskbar apps but right clicking doesn't work. I can't open notification or internet connections either. I can't open the settings by...
  3. START BUTTON AND TASKBAR ERROR

in Windows 10 Customization
    START BUTTON AND TASKBAR ERROR: Hey everyone,I am having problems with my taskbar. Most of the buttons don't work including start and search button. I can left click on the taskbar apps but right clicking doesn't work. I can't open notification or internet connections either. I can't open the settings by...
  4. Taskbar and start button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar and start button: When I plugged in my headphones into my computer, the start and taskbar did a weird thing and now it won't go back to normal. I don't know how to fix this and it's affecting how I do my work. The problem is that the taskbar won't show mircosoft edge, my files, and the other...
  5. Start button and taskbar not working

Start button and taskbar not working: Hi. Windows 10 Home , 64 bit now showing "critical error, your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in". I've triedeverything from running powershell in task manager, try to reinstall windows apps, trying to reset the pc, running windows...
  6. Start button and Taskbar

Start button and Taskbar: I have a Windows 10 laptop, start button & task bar does not work. Only the desktop icons are clickable. Not even clicking the clock in the lower right corner pops up the time & calendar....
  7. taskbar and start button

taskbar and start button: I started my computer and my bottom taskbar including the start button and search box appears for a second and then disappears. I am running Windows 10. I can't get them to stay on/visible. Frankly, Windows 7 was much better. Help anyone?...
  8. Start Button and taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Button and taskbar not working: Please help. Windows 10 has worked pretty well since installing it a couple of months ago but last week suddenly the taskbar is empty and start button not working. I tried the powershell idea but as nothing shows up in the taskbar I can't run as administrator. I'm 62 years...
  9. Taskbar/Start button not working!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Start button not working!: I have Window 10, just upgraded it was working great I turned my computer off and went to bed last night. Today I turn it on and now when I click the start button or windows key. The mouse just looks like it is loading, the taskbar flashes, and nothing comes up. I'm not able...
  10. Taskbar/Start Button NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Start Button NOT WORKING: Hello, I have a Surface Pro 3, updated for Windows 10. I have been switching in and out of tablet mode, and I find myself at a point where now my task bar are not working. For example, when I click on the "Action Center" nothing pops up, or when I click on the WiFi...