Windows 10: Start Button, Time & Date, Speaker Settings not working.

Discus and support Start Button, Time & Date, Speaker Settings not working. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It's a Lenovo PC-All in one. The Monitor has all the other Hardware (HDD, M/B, RAM, Speakers, Camera, etc.) Pentuim CPU G645 2.9 + 2.9 Ghz. The config... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VikrantManiar, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Start Button, Time & Date, Speaker Settings not working.

It's a Lenovo PC-All in one. The Monitor has all the other Hardware (HDD, M/B, RAM, Speakers, Camera, etc.) Pentuim CPU G645 2.9 + 2.9 Ghz. The config seems pretty decent.

I joined the company recently and the Start Menu Button or the Button on the Keyboard do not open the start Menu. Right Click is possible and I am doing that as a work-around.

Also, the Time and Date & Calendar does not open up. (Sometimes I do not have the mobile on me). Time is shown correctly, but I cannot click.

Speaker Icon only right click and open, Same goes for LAN Icon.

The Rest of the Icons work. I can even add and delete Icons to and from the Taskbar (from the settings panel). But, I cannot right-click on them. Left clicking them opens them.

I even tried changing users. Even that does not work....

It is an issue of permissions as I do not have admin access to the PC and maybe the System Administrator (outside IT guy who googles how to solve basic problems with the system) has configured things incorrectly.

Lastly, this is what happens when I try to update system. License is legal and valid. The company pays for the license religiously every year...

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80080005)

Please help as minor things lead to major frustrations. I am now considering switching the entire company to Linux. I am the CFO after-all...

:)

VikrantManiar, Sep 12, 2018

2. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Start Button, Time & Date, Speaker Settings not working.

Outlook Out of date Settings

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What is the exact issues you are facing?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Start Button, Time & Date, Speaker Settings not working.

1. Start Button, Time & Date, Speaker Settings not working. - Similar Threads - Start Button Date

2. Date and Time Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date and Time Settings: I would like to have my time in military time but I am unable to find a setting to change it to that. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-settings/2fcabe0d-8e83-4e18-9ed4-d6e22b0b21b5
  3. Start,Settings, Time and Date not working after a faulty update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start,Settings, Time and Date not working after a faulty update: I wasn't able to update my PC for a long time then i decided to update it but it gut stuck to 99% while on the Windows Update Assist so i decided to cancel it. After that i shut down my PC then the next day i decided to play games then i was shocked because there were no...
  4. Unable to change the date and time manually in Date and Time settings

Unable to change the date and time manually in Date and Time settings: The "change" button is grey and unclickable... how do I fix this? I'd like to set my clock to 12 hours instead of 24. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-the-date-and-time-manually-in/80b7f457-5d40-4fa1-ba93-e89f1fa01de0
  5. Settings-Date and Time

Settings-Date and Time: Hi Microsoft, I have an issue with the settings on Windows 10 where under date and time, my computer doesn't show the correct time after Daylight Savings changed the clocks. I tried updating to the latest software, that didn't work, I tried syncing connection to the Windows...
  6. Date and Time settings

Date and Time settings: Time and date are wrong on my computer. How do I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-settings/0d2884b8-76df-4ef9-b077-a96fc406d36f
  7. Date and time setting

Date and time setting: Date and time /time zone setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-setting/1e34de3e-fa5c-46f2-ad03-034d759496dd
  8. date and time setting

date and time setting: I am always having to manually change the time on my computer, the date seems to stay but the time is right for a short time and then it changes on its own. I have set the setting for manually and auto, and each setting I am having the same issue. I also noticed Eastern...
  9. date and time set

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    date and time set: since updating bios date an time does not update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/date-and-time-set/e2a8ffe3-14e9-46c5-bff0-b287e3b39c07
  10. Start button, search and date/time on the taskbar don't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start button, search and date/time on the taskbar don't work: Right now, and for no apparent reason, when I click on the task bar on the start menu, the search function or the date/time, nothing happens.... This first appeared during a background Windows update (I realized later, during reboot, that Windows was updating. I was in a...