Windows 10: start button used to show recently opened and installed apps on right now they are on...

Discus and support start button used to show recently opened and installed apps on right now they are on... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I no longer can access files and folder on my desktop screen since my apps moved from Start to the desktop. My taskbar doesn't access desktop on far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaryWinch, Mar 3, 2019.

1. MaryWinch Win User

start button used to show recently opened and installed apps on right now they are on...

I no longer can access files and folder on my desktop screen since my apps moved from Start to the desktop. My taskbar doesn't access desktop on far right of taskbar for quick view. Opening attachments and emails reverts to split screen. I can't 'Restore Down' only close or minimize. Taskbar on right shows Start button whited out...a new whited out back arrow and Cortana whited out.

:)

MaryWinch, Mar 3, 2019

2. Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button

I want jump lists on both taskbar and Start button, they are only showing on Start button. I have checked the registry key that controls this attribute and the value is "1" so both should show. The "Show recently opened items... " switch in Settings is set to ON. Something is supressing the jump lists on my Taskbar icons. I do get live thumbnails on the icons but that is all. Right clicking does nothing.

Windows 10 Pro is an upgrade install and did not clean install afterwards. In my opinion not needed. I have run SFC /scannow and got a clean report.

CORRECTION: The Start button is showing the context menu on right click, not the jump list, unless that IS the jump list.

Is the registry key value 1 to show the jump lists?

Cbarnhorst, Mar 3, 2019
  3. CharlesWC Win User
    Frequently used apps in Start menu

Thank you for the information. I followed the instructions (this is Windows 10). The items on the Start menu are:

1. Show More Tiles. It was turned off so I turned it back on.

2. Show App List in Start Menu - ON

3. Show Recently Added Apps - ON

4. Show Most Used Apps - Off but is gray so I cannot do anything with it.

5. Occasionally Show Suggestions in Start - Off

6. Use Full Start Screen - Off

7. Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar - On

Even with turning the Show More Tiles on the Show Most Used Apps is not available. Any suggestions?

CharlesWC, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

start button used to show recently opened and installed apps on right now they are on...

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. start button used to show recently opened and installed apps on right now they are on... - Similar Threads - start button used

2. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  3. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  4. cannot open anything from right click on start button?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot open anything from right click on start button?: I'm running Windows 10 home.If I right-click on the start button, the normal menu opens.However, nothing happens when I click on any item in the menu.I have run SFC /scannow, followed by DISM .Restarted the system but it's still the same.Cheers,Colin...
  5. Not seeing recently opened files with right click on Start icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not seeing recently opened files with right click on Start icons: New W11 system, and Word, etc, aren't showing recently opened files. I found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-opened-files-do-not-show-when-right-click/5f0f5381-fe74-4f7a-b5e1-c4ca152e4733, but the "show recently..." toggle is enabled.What else...
  6. Not seeing recently opened files with right click on Start icons

Not seeing recently opened files with right click on Start icons: New W11 system, and Word, etc, aren't showing recently opened files. I found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-opened-files-do-not-show-when-right-click/5f0f5381-fe74-4f7a-b5e1-c4ca152e4733, but the "show recently..." toggle is enabled.What else...
  7. Pressing the search button used to show me most used apps/ files. Now it shows me suggested...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing the search button used to show me most used apps/ files. Now it shows me suggested...: The latest update of windows 10 hijacked my search results, how do I make it like it used to be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pressing-the-search-button-used-to-show-me-most/0269b337-3498-4dc8-87a7-cfe3f703c32f
  8. Pressing the search button used to show me most used apps/ files. Now it shows me suggested...

Pressing the search button used to show me most used apps/ files. Now it shows me suggested...: The latest update of windows 10 hijacked my search results, how do I make it like it used to be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pressing-the-search-button-used-to-show-me-most/0269b337-3498-4dc8-87a7-cfe3f703c32f
  9. Pressing the search button used to show me most used apps/ files. Now it shows me suggested...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows start button, files and apps will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows start button, files and apps will not open: I cannot open any microsoft or windows 10 based app or file, including internet explorer, any file in the C: drive, the windows start button, Microsoft Edge, etc. This happened after an update but not sure if that caused it. I can open chrome, AOL. and other non-windows apps....