Windows 10: Start button wont open

Discus and support Start button wont open in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Cant open start icon cant open explorer cant open PFD files I have 22 new updates cant access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JFrancis1DX, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Start button wont open

Cant open start icon

cant open explorer

cant open PFD files

I have 22 new updates cant access

:)

JFrancis1DX, Mar 9, 2019
  2. psd 017 Win User

Start menu wont open

Good day. I bought my laptop with win 10 installed. Today I tried to shutdown but could not open start menu as neither the win key nor start button was working. Any suggestions ,please.

psd 017, Mar 9, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    Start menu wont open

Please specify..............
    Which one of the following still works ..............
    1. LEFT click at Start button ?
    2. RIGHT click at Start button ?

Also, did you just buy it today ?
    If no, was there a day you did NOT have this problem ?

davidhk, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Start button wont open

Windows 10 "Start" Button Panel Will Not Open - "Search Windows" Will Not Open - Windows 10 "Notification Panel" Will Not Open

I can't open the Windows Start button to get to the screens listed. Any other suggestions? This seems to have happened after the most recent update.

karenS_784, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Start button wont open

1. Start button wont open - Similar Threads - Start button wont

2. change what the start button opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change what the start button opens: On windows 11 when the start button is pressed it shows a windows with recently install apps and items that are pinned to the taskbar - apparently. In order to see a list of programs installed the 'All apps' button must be pressed my question is: is it possible to change it...
  3. Start Menu Wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Wont open: My start menu will not open. some apps on the task bar also give error "Class Not Registered"Im also unable to open the task manager to possibly restart the process and when i try to open it its just blank with nothing in the window.... My chrome button on the task bar works...
  4. Settings/start menu wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings/start menu wont open: Hey new guy here my settings/start/volume/notifications wont open and apps wont open I've tried rebooting my windows explorer and didn't do anything my calculator app won't open either. I've been having alot of trouble with my account because my settings won't sync because it...
  5. Start button, search box, and settings wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button, search box, and settings wont open: As stated in the subject, when I click the start button, it does not open. When I click into the search box, nothing happens. I also cannot get to the settings. So how do I fix this issue?...
  6. my start button wont work

in Windows 10 Customization
    my start button wont work: I need my start button to work. I need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-wont-work/9c2c8deb-8928-4afe-b939-f4ee915b48b8
  7. Start menu buttons wont launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu buttons wont launch: So today my computer stopped running the apps in the start menu. I have reset a few times and nothing helped. Are my drivers out of date or is there a new update i need. Also the HP support assist says i have an update to need to install but when i install it nothing happens...
  8. my start button wont work

in Windows 10 Support
    my start button wont work: my start button wont work, i cannot restart my computer and even from the sign on screen the only option i ave it to shut down. my icons are still on the taskbar but i cannot view them and when i open my browsers its deleting my last sessions even when i have them saved to...
  9. Start menu wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu wont open: Good day. I bought my laptop with win 10 installed. Today I tried to shutdown but could not open start menu as neither the win key nor start button was working. Any suggestions ,please. 47294
  10. start menu wont open?

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu wont open?: why wont the start menu open? 18661