Windows 10: Start button wont work after recent update

Discus and support Start button wont work after recent update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Did the update to 1909?? this week and since then 1 had problems launching from taskbar and 2 the start button on the left changes colour when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TimDickens, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Start button wont work after recent update

Did the update to 1909?? this week and since then 1 had problems launching from taskbar and 2 the start button on the left changes colour when overhovered but doesnt do anything so I cant get to the apps etc. Help!

:)

TimDickens, Mar 30, 2020

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Mar 30, 2020
  3. twiggs462 Win User
    Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Start button wont work after recent update

stanimal21, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Start button wont work after recent update

1. Start button wont work after recent update - Similar Threads - Start button wont

2. After window update KB5031354 the Start button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After window update KB5031354 the Start button not working: Certainly! Here's a template for a complaint about the Start button not working after the Windows update KB5031354:Subject: Start Button Not Working After Windows Update KB5031354Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your...
  3. After window update KB5031354 the Start button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After window update KB5031354 the Start button not working: Certainly! Here's a template for a complaint about the Start button not working after the Windows update KB5031354:Subject: Start Button Not Working After Windows Update KB5031354Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your...
  4. Start button not working after W10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button not working after W10 update: The latest W10 update disabled the Start button, search box and power button in Ctrl, Alt, Delete screen. I had to uninstall the update to get the functions back. Every time there is an update I get some sort of collateral damage to important functionality. It makes me very...
  5. Pressing the start button doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pressing the start button doesn't work after update: Hello everyone, I have recently updated to Windows 10 2004 a bit of a late update because I have been also struggling with getting the update to go through for the past 6 months. It finally worked after a clean reinstall of the Windows. Ever since the update I can not bring...
  6. Start button not working after windows 10 update

Start button not working after windows 10 update: Start button not working after windows 10 update also i uninstall latest update but still not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working-after-windows-10-update/8ab12cc4-70d9-4ebe-9b70-ec4c7e28b318
  7. my start button wont work

my start button wont work: I need my start button to work. I need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-wont-work/9c2c8deb-8928-4afe-b939-f4ee915b48b8
  8. Start button wont open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start button wont open: Cant open start icon cant open explorer cant open PFD files I have 22 new updates cant access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-wont-open/2d1e7a2c-b002-4f6d-afda-27f3a2c3bd7e
  9. Start button not working after update applied this morning

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button not working after update applied this morning: Windows done an update this morning and now the start button doesn't work. Seems to be a common issue with a whole range of fixes out there and stuff that doesn't work, and stuff that makes it worse. Currently I'm trying to remove the updates to see if that fixes it....
  10. my start button wont work

in Windows 10 Support
    my start button wont work: my start button wont work, i cannot restart my computer and even from the sign on screen the only option i ave it to shut down. my icons are still on the taskbar but i cannot view them and when i open my browsers its deleting my last sessions even when i have them saved to...