Windows 10: Start button

Discus and support Start button in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Start button does not show program list or power down options. Can you assist please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BRIANV81, Dec 15, 2020.

1. BRIANV81 Win User

Start button

Start button does not show program list or power down options.

Can you assist please?

:)

BRIANV81, Dec 15, 2020

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Dec 15, 2020
  3. twiggs462 Win User
    Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Start button

My Start Button is present, but has changed color.

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that start button and apps color changed also you are unable to access Windows Defender.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check for the Windows updates and see if you are able to access Windows Defender.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows update.
    • select check for updates and install all the pending updates.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Start button

1. Start button - Similar Threads - Start button

2. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: In my pc start button , taskbar and any deafult apps are not working. whenever i tried to open settings or any default apps it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  3. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: In my pc start button , taskbar and any deafult apps are not working. whenever i tried to open settings or any default apps it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  4. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From few past weeks my start button,taskbar,settings and default apps are not working.i tried many ways but it still does't work.tell me any way how to fix it...
  5. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From few past weeks my start button,taskbar,settings and default apps are not working.i tried many ways but it still does't work.tell me any way how to fix it...
  6. start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From past few days i can't open my start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps. whenever i try to open them it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  7. start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From past few days i can't open my start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps. whenever i try to open them it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  8. start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

9. My start button gets held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start button gets held down: My start button gets held down... why please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-gets-held-down/6220c37d-87b8-4851-8a11-74e5ef5bd8fa
  10. My start button gets held down

My start button gets held down: My start button gets held down... why please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-gets-held-down/6220c37d-87b8-4851-8a11-74e5ef5bd8fa