Windows 10: start button

Discus and support start button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to change the Start button ? I searched with Google but couldn't find anything Thanks 14525 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sphynx, Aug 8, 2015.

1. sphynx Win User

start button

Is there a way to change the Start button ?
    I searched with Google but couldn't find anything
    Thanks

:)

sphynx, Aug 8, 2015

2. Start Button

Let's execute these 2 basic troubleshooting first and check after each step

1. Run Start menu troubleshooter

http://aka.ms/diag_StartMenu

2. Reinstall Start Menu / Cortana

Windows Key+X > Click Powershell (Admin) > Copy the below and paste into Powershell > Enter > Reboot your computer

Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Copy and paste following into Powershell and Enter

Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

E for Excel, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    start button

Glad to hear that everything's good on your end. Do post again if there's anything else you need.

All the best.

Ian Ser, Aug 8, 2015
  4. start button

Yes, I use Start8 from Stardock, I bought it for Windows 8 but works perfectly in Windows 10 *Smile

start button [​IMG]

TheSmokey76, Aug 8, 2015
  5. sphynx Win User
    And how could i change only the start button ? Not the entire Start menu
    thanks

sphynx, Aug 8, 2015
  6. You do not have to change the menu, Ive just unpinned all the apps on the tiles then closed the empty space, nothing the program has done *Smile

start button [​IMG]

TheSmokey76, Aug 8, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree with the OP's question.. I would like to see how to change the start button ICON without using a third party tool that I don't need.

BunnyJ, Aug 8, 2015
  8. sphynx Win User

start button

I couldn't find a way to modify the scrollbar and some other fonts / sizes, etc
    Aren't they available anymore ??

sphynx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

start button

1. start button - Similar Threads - start button

2. My Windows 11 Start Button is no longer working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 Start Button is no longer working.: Hello,Since yesterday my Windows 11 Start Button is no longer working.It animates when I click it, but nothing else happens, also, my taskbar keeps switching on and off.I don't know wheter tht is relevant or hs anything to do with the problem, but two days ago I had Windows...
  3. My Windows 11 Start Button is no longer working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 Start Button is no longer working.: Hello,Since yesterday my Windows 11 Start Button is no longer working.It animates when I click it, but nothing else happens, also, my taskbar keeps switching on and off.I don't know wheter tht is relevant or hs anything to do with the problem, but two days ago I had Windows...
  4. After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.: Tried all suggestion for standard fixes including restoring to previous state which happened to be after the problem. .settings will not come up, Task manager freezes,lost functionality in Firefix but not Chrome. can't get to updates to try and reinstall.Suggestions please...
  5. After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.

After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.: Tried all suggestion for standard fixes including restoring to previous state which happened to be after the problem. .settings will not come up, Task manager freezes,lost functionality in Firefix but not Chrome. can't get to updates to try and reinstall.Suggestions please...
  6. Get started button not working when i try to reset pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get started button not working when i try to reset pc: ive tried everything microsoft told me to including System File Checker tool i scanned my pc for viruses too i did everything microsoft told me to...
  7. Get started button not working when i try to reset pc

Get started button not working when i try to reset pc: ive tried everything microsoft told me to including System File Checker tool i scanned my pc for viruses too i did everything microsoft told me to...
  8. Get started button not working when i try to reset pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?: I know this can be changed, but I can't remember how to do it. I want the power button on the start menu to show "restart" instead of "shut down". I know there's a drop down menu, but I want to set it and forget it....
  10. How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?

How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?: I know this can be changed, but I can't remember how to do it. I want the power button on the start menu to show "restart" instead of "shut down". I know there's a drop down menu, but I want to set it and forget it....