Windows 10: Start Button

Discus and support Start Button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Start Button and Cortana went off the screen at the bottom. I know I still have them if I switch the taskbar to the right of the screen in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rjordan393, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Start Button

The Start Button and Cortana went off the screen at the bottom. I know I still have them if I switch the taskbar to the right of the screen in a vertical position. Both the Start Button and Cortana will now show.
    So how do I get them to show if I switch the taskbar from the right side of screen to the bottom of the screen?
    I tried System restore but it hung up on me; so I tried resetting the computer but it did not help.

:)

rjordan393, Jun 2, 2016

2. Start Button

Let's execute these 2 basic troubleshooting first and check after each step

1. Run Start menu troubleshooter

http://aka.ms/diag_StartMenu

2. Reinstall Start Menu / Cortana

Windows Key+X > Click Powershell (Admin) > Copy the below and paste into Powershell > Enter > Reboot your computer

Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Copy and paste following into Powershell and Enter

Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

E for Excel, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    start button

Glad to hear that everything's good on your end. Do post again if there's anything else you need.

All the best.

Ian Ser, Jun 2, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Start Button

Do you have an incorrect setting for the screen resolution for your monitor? Make sure windows is correctly detecting your monitor and try a few different resolutions to see if this makes a difference. The monitor will have a preferred setting that is usually best.

philc43, Jun 2, 2016
  5. A lower resolution took care of it. Thanks.

rjordan393, Jun 2, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    You are welcome! Glad it's sorted.

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start Button

1. Start Button - Similar Threads - Start Button

2. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: In my pc start button , taskbar and any deafult apps are not working. whenever i tried to open settings or any default apps it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  3. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: In my pc start button , taskbar and any deafult apps are not working. whenever i tried to open settings or any default apps it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  4. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From few past weeks my start button,taskbar,settings and default apps are not working.i tried many ways but it still does't work.tell me any way how to fix it...
  5. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From few past weeks my start button,taskbar,settings and default apps are not working.i tried many ways but it still does't work.tell me any way how to fix it...
  6. start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From past few days i can't open my start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps. whenever i try to open them it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  7. start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From past few days i can't open my start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps. whenever i try to open them it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  8. start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

9. My start button gets held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start button gets held down: My start button gets held down... why please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-gets-held-down/6220c37d-87b8-4851-8a11-74e5ef5bd8fa
  10. My start button gets held down

My start button gets held down: My start button gets held down... why please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-gets-held-down/6220c37d-87b8-4851-8a11-74e5ef5bd8fa