Windows 10: Start Button

Discus and support Start Button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my start button will not display any programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by radf44, Aug 21, 2018.

1. radf44 Win User

Start Button

my start button will not display any programs

:)

radf44, Aug 21, 2018

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Start Button

Hi David,

For us to isolate your concern with Start button, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "Start button", are you referring to the physical power button or the Start menu on your desktop?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting an error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
    • What happens when you press the Start button?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 21, 2018
  4. twiggs462 Win User

Start Button

Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Start Button

1. Start Button - Similar Threads - Start Button

2. Start Button Critical Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button Critical Error: Beginning October 10, 2019, when I click the Start Button a Critical Error message appears indicating that logging back in may fix the issue - it does not. I think this may be related to a recent update. I could not use my HP Printer and uninstalling KB4524147 fixed that...
  3. Windows 10 cant switch users from start button

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 cant switch users from start button: Hey everyone, I am have a bit of a problem switching users in window 10. I cannot switch users from the start button. I click on my pic and nothing pops up. Sometimes my name (Admin) will, but that is about it. Booted into safe mode and everything worked perfectly. This...
  4. Start button crashes and now my file explorer is crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start button crashes and now my file explorer is crashing: When I click on my start button, the search bar disappears and I cannot open any apps. Now I cannot open my file explorer when I click on it, everything on my disappears for a few moments and then reappears. Yesterday, it only crashed when I tried to open my photo's but...
  5. Start button and Taskbar

Start button and Taskbar: I have a Windows 10 laptop, start button & task bar does not work. Only the desktop icons are clickable. Not even clicking the clock in the lower right corner pops up the time & calendar....
  6. sep 2019 windows update causes start button to stop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sep 2019 windows update causes start button to stop: sep 2019 windows update causes start button to stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sep-2019-windows-update-causes-start-button-to/8eab320d-5366-417a-8f0c-841c429bca06
  7. Start button is not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start button is not working in Windows 10: I received a recent update. The Start Button and Microsoft Edge are not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-is-not-working-in-windows-10/7a4b71fc-bac8-42d7-b8f3-7cba3ab46b33
  8. Windows 10 Start Button broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Start Button broken: After uninstalling KB4512941 then reinstalling now my Windows 10 Start Button is broken. When I select the start button I get this. I tried rebooting many times. [ATTACH]...
  9. Search by Windows Start Button vs Cortana

in Cortana
    Search by Windows Start Button vs Cortana: Hi, what is the difference in doing search by Cortana and by simply clicking the Start Button (the windows logo)? I tried a few things and it seemed that exact results were shown....
  10. start button//after windows update my problems started . right click on my mouse doesn't...

start button//after windows update my problems started . right click on my mouse doesn't...: start button doesn't work proper. right click on mouse doesn't work. problems started after windows updates; eeugene peddle...