Windows 10: Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu

Discus and support Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, can anyone help me out with this? Start, Cortana, Edge & Search Menu are no longer working correctly after downloading Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DesleyBrown, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu

Hi, can anyone help me out with this?

Start, Cortana, Edge & Search Menu are no longer working correctly after downloading Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.329

32 bitX64 for 86 based systems(KB 4512941) Aug 30 update.

I've still got the start button & search bar but it is incredibly slow & tedious to type anything in search bar, Cortana doesn't work at all,

Edge is very hit & miss & keeps on kicking me off the net all the time. And the search suggestions don't even come up at all anymore

I've tried using the start menu troubleshooter which showed corrupted tile database which was fixed, also tried to download Windows Store App troubleshooter but it wouldn't install. I've also checked for Windows Updates & run the Windows Updates Troubleshooter but it said that everything was up to date.

Is there any way of fixing this? Or any work around it? Or would it be better to roll back to an earlier upgrade until these problems have been sorted out?

I've done a bit of searching and a lot of people seem to have the same problems but no solutions to them.

Thanks

Des Brown

:)

DesleyBrown, Sep 6, 2019

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Edge disappeared and start menu not working on Windows 10

Hello Richard,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can isolate the issue regarding Microsoft Edge and Start menu:

• Have you tried to searching in Cortana search to check if Edge can be located?
    • Besides powershell, what other troubleshooting steps have you performed?

In the meantime, you can download and run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter to isolate the issue on Edge.

We also suggest that you download and run the
    Start Menu troubleshooter to fix common Start menu issues.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu

Start Menu, Cortana, Edge and sound

Hi Angel,

To facilitate your query, we'd like to ask these questions:

• When was the last time you were able to access Start Menu, Cortana, and Microsoft Edge?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?

Let us try the methods below and observe.

Method 1: Run Start Menu Troubleshooter.

Try this Start Menu Troubleshooter to automatically fix problem with Cortana and Start Menu.

Method 2: Run System File Checker and DISM commands.

System File Checker is a Windows utility that allow users to scan for and restore corruptions

in Windows system files. Follow these steps for instructions:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

If SFC did not find any violations, it's still a good idea to run DISM Restorehealth. For instructions, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth and hit Enter.

Keep us posted.

Antoneth Ber, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu

1. Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu - Similar Threads - Start Cortana Edge

2. Start menu cortana search not working along with others

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu cortana search not working along with others: hp laptop with windows 10. start menu wont open, search wont work, settings wont open, system properties wont open, display settings wont open. tried to restart windows explorer, didn't change. tried sfc scannnow, nothing changed. Cortana does not appear in task manager....
  3. Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working: So I logged on my pc And i noticed all icons in task bar are gone so when i try to click the start menu its not working And when i put my cursor on the search My cursor becomes the loading thingyI tried restarting file explorer and it didnt workHelp...
  4. Start menu, cortana and edge not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, cortana and edge not working: So i have an msi laptop which has been amazing, i stopped using it for a while, decided id start it back up. I did a system refresh, removing everything so i could start fresh, set it all up and my start button doesn't work, so i reset and still nothing... i have watched so...
  5. cortana search box and start menu optimization

in Cortana
    cortana search box and start menu optimization: Hi, Just suggesting the option to pin (or add) the cortana search box to the tile side of the start menu. ie. click start, input goes to cortana search box within start menu, enter search, all or half of tile side turn into regular cortana search menu with results. tbh I'm...
  6. Surface Pro 4 No Start Menu, Search, Cortana, Edge

in Cortana
    Surface Pro 4 No Start Menu, Search, Cortana, Edge: All of the below items don't work: .-Start menu inaccessible .- Search bar doesn't do anything .-Cortana doesn't work .-Can't access windows update "package not registered" Best Regards Terrance...
  7. Surface Pro 4 - No Start Menu, Search, Cortana, Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 - No Start Menu, Search, Cortana, Edge: I have a surface pro 4 and recently did a totally clean re-installation for Windows 10.. Machine is just over 12 months old.. and all of the below items don't work: * Start menu inaccessible * Search bar doesn't do anything * Cortana doesn't work * Microsoft edge doesn't...
  8. Start Menu / Settings / Edge / Cortana - None are working...!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu / Settings / Edge / Cortana - None are working...!: Hi - I'm having trouble with windows on my Surface Pro. I'm using Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165). On my toolbar the following items are unresponsive to left clicks: Start Menu Cortana Any items in the far right corner (calendar, wifi, battery, etc)...
  9. Web searches, Start menu and Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Web searches, Start menu and Cortana: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, how am I supposed to disable the Web searches from the Start menu, but I would also like Cortana continued to use the Web for research? Thanks Bye 44451
  10. Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function: Sometimes Start menu and Search/Cortana buttons become frozen and only after hard boot they work. 19756