Windows 10: 'Start' does not stay up either by clicking on the icon or pressing Windows key

Discus and support 'Start' does not stay up either by clicking on the icon or pressing Windows key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 'Start' does not stay up either by clicking on the icon or pressing Windows key If I action the 'Start' I can no longer see any of the app details on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KimPrior2, Aug 17, 2021.

1. KimPrior2 Win User

'Start' does not stay up either by clicking on the icon or pressing Windows key

'Start' does not stay up either by clicking on the icon or pressing Windows key If I action the 'Start' I can no longer see any of the app details on the screen, it displays blank boxes. Computer seems to be searching then closes. Have no clue how to fix this. Computer recently has also been running more slowly and disconnects from WiFi connection frequently. Not sure if these things are related.

:)

KimPrior2, Aug 17, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

How do I get the recycle bin to open a window when I double click the recycle bin icon, it just started doing this but it only stays minimized

Hello,

To resolve the issue with your Recycle Bin, we suggest resetting it. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key+x and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and then hit
      Enter
    • Exit Command Prompt.

Let us know the result.

Riel Alc, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Need old Windows Start menu

Hi,

I realize that you need the old Windows start menu. I will try to help you with this issue.

You can click the hash icon located above the 3D Builder icon to check if that helps.

Suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Personalization and click Start.

• Enable the feature for “use start full screen”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Aksh_47 Win User

PC starts by pressing any key!

Okay guys ive got a weird prob, my PC starts if i press ANY key on the keyboard!
    I observed this started happening after i recently installed windows 8 PRO.. and yes, i do shut it down and not put it to sleep. Everything else works fine, ive got no other prob at all with Win 8. And yes, it doesn't start with mouse clicks.

Its quite irritating at times, when im study or doin some other thing on my desk and i accidentally hit a key, and there, it starts up!

Although its good that i dont have to reach to the power button everything, i dont like this, any solution to fix it?

Aksh_47, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

1. 'Start' does not stay up either by clicking on the icon or pressing Windows key - Similar Threads - 'Start' does stay

2. shift key is not staying activated when pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift key is not staying activated when pressed: Hi, I have a little problem with my shift key. It works mostly, however when i am pressing the key for a longer time more than half a second to write multiple letters the function stops working after a very short time.Example:HHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhWhile writing this i kept my...
  3. shift key is not staying activated when pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shift key is not staying activated when pressed: Hi, I have a little problem with my shift key. It works mostly, however when i am pressing the key for a longer time more than half a second to write multiple letters the function stops working after a very short time.Example:HHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhWhile writing this i kept my...
  4. Pressing the Windows key on my keyboard or clicking the search bar or start key on the task...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing the Windows key on my keyboard or clicking the search bar or start key on the task...: Pressing the Windows key on my keyboard or clicking the search bar or start key on the task bar causes the news feed to pop up. How do I disable this stupid feature? I've already turned off News and interests but it had no effect....
  5. Pressing the Windows key on my keyboard or clicking the search bar or start key on the task...

Pressing the Windows key on my keyboard or clicking the search bar or start key on the task...: Pressing the Windows key on my keyboard or clicking the search bar or start key on the task bar causes the news feed to pop up. How do I disable this stupid feature? I've already turned off News and interests but it had no effect....
  6. Pressing the Windows key on my keyboard or clicking the search bar or start key on the task...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Key stays pressed not phisically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key stays pressed not phisically: Hi to all!I'm opening this topic because I did not find anything related to my issue.I work as ICT and I have a colleague who has the PC that randomly stays on the last letter pressed, generating a long row of text with the same letter.The issue happens with different letters...
  8. Key stays pressed not phisically

Key stays pressed not phisically: Hi to all!I'm opening this topic because I did not find anything related to my issue.I work as ICT and I have a colleague who has the PC that randomly stays on the last letter pressed, generating a long row of text with the same letter.The issue happens with different letters...
  9. Press any key to start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Press any key to start: This is as far as I get. Still photo of a plane taking off and music. "Press any key to start" appears. Click it and music continues but the screen goes black. A "wheel" spins in the lower right corner for second each time you click "PAKTS" but goes no further. Just want to...
  10. I cannot left click my windows 10 icon. Pressing the Window key on my keyboard does not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot left click my windows 10 icon. Pressing the Window key on my keyboard does not...: I cannot left click my windows 10 icon, only right click. Pressing the Window key on my keyboard does not work as well. I cannot go into settings even if I try to access it from right clicking. It never appears any windows at all. I cannot use the search bar near the window...