Windows 10: Start doesnt open

Discus and support Start doesnt open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello i have moderately annoying thing, my start menu wont open after start. It have different icon that it should, i dont see any pinned programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaetoncz, Jun 10, 2021.

1. phaetoncz Win User

Start doesnt open

Hello i have moderately annoying thing, my start menu wont open after start. It have different icon that it should, i dont see any pinned programs except cortana. I can right click on menu with this options: When i press exit, my start menu is back I can live with that, its not that big deal. Tho i tried many solutions i found on web that should have solved it, but they did nothing. Just wondering if anyone encountered that and know solution

:)

phaetoncz, Jun 10, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Jun 10, 2021
  4. night.fox Win User

Start doesnt open

GPUz doesnt start

ok my theory confirmed.

intel vga enabled at bios + intel drivers= gpu-z start
    intel vga enabled at bios (no intel drivers) = gpu-z start but initial show error message about open cl. clicking
    intel vga disabled at bios + intel drivers installed = gpu-z doesnt start

night.fox, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Start doesnt open

1. Start doesnt open - Similar Threads - Start doesnt open

2. Microsoft Store doesnt open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store doesnt open: My Microsoft Store in Windows 10 cant open. I tried to reinstall it, but nothing works out. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-doesnt-open/81b36f4f-4960-4bd1-9a65-4b22c7f405c8
  3. start button doesnt work cant open settings either

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button doesnt work cant open settings either: the start button doesnt work i cant open settings either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-doesnt-work-cant-open-settings-either/120a2805-271f-4e1f-9c34-8020b9387edb
  4. start button doesnt work cant open settings either

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button doesnt work cant open settings either: the start button doesnt work i cant open settings either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-doesnt-work-cant-open-settings-either/120a2805-271f-4e1f-9c34-8020b9387edb
  5. Settings crashes on open and start menu search bar doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings crashes on open and start menu search bar doesnt work: windows 10, i already tried a whole system reset twice and have done everything else in the book including sfc and windows troubleshooter. when i press the start menu, the app has a little line below it....
  6. Settings crashes on open and start menu search bar doesnt work

Settings crashes on open and start menu search bar doesnt work: windows 10, i already tried a whole system reset twice and have done everything else in the book including sfc and windows troubleshooter. when i press the start menu, the app has a little line below it....
  7. Settings crashes on open and start menu search bar doesnt work

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows doesnt open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows doesnt open.: When i open my PC it says "your pc did not start correctly". When i tried to open my pc in safe mode to scan for viruses it still didnt work. Uninstalling latest updates gives me an error and startup repair also gives me an error. I can only access the command prompt. I have...
  9. Minecraft windows 10 doesnt open and your screen starts to flash.

Minecraft windows 10 doesnt open and your screen starts to flash.: After updating the game, I tried to start it, but the screen with the Mojang logo starts to flash, and the game itself does not open. I have already restarted the computer, already restored the game, uninstalled and reinstalled. My version of the game is 1.16.200 from...
  10. computer doesnt open

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    computer doesnt open: computer opens up but i cant actually use it as i access my account it shows" Windows couldn't conmect to the Group Policy Client service. Please consult your system administrator." please do help. the laptop has windows 10. 113457