Windows 10: Start don't work

Discus and support Start don't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I right click the start I will get a menu but if I left click the start nothing happens. How can I fix this? 28393 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lostsoul65, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Start don't work

If I right click the start I will get a menu but if I left click the start nothing happens. How can I fix this?

:)

lostsoul65, Oct 31, 2015

2. Start Menu don't work

Start Menu doesn't open up and the Toolbars is missing Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Store

katianamacias, Oct 31, 2015
  3. Start and Cortana don't work

Hi Silvio,

We appreciate you providing us that information.

That being said, please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about your concern:

• Is your Windows 10 updated?
    • What were the changes made before the issue started?

Let's see if the same issue will occur when your PC is booted into Safe Mode with Networking. Starting your PC in
    Safe Mode can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC while using a limited set of files and drivers. Here's how to set your PC in
    Safe Mode with Networking:

• Press the Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    • Select Update & Security, then Recovery.
    • Click the Restart now button under Advanced startup.
    • Select Troubleshoot when you get into the Choose an option screen.
    • Select Advanced options, then Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Select 5 or press the F5 key from the keyboard after your PC restarts to start your PC now in
      Safe Mode with Networking.

If the issue persists, let's make sure that no application is causing the issue. Performing a
    Clean Boot helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when running or installing a program in Windows 10.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 31, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Start don't work

JohnC, Oct 31, 2015
  5. Almighty1 Win User
    1) Create a new Local account with admin priviledges
    2) Log out your current account and log in with the new one
    3) Go to C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\ and copy the contents to have a backup
    4) Go to C:\Users\newUser\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\ and copy the contents to your regular user
    Done
    Login with your regular user (delete the new user you created if you want), your start menu is the default one.

Almighty1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start don't work

1. Start don't work - Similar Threads - Start don't

2. icloud drive cannot start. Why? I don't know what a 'container' is or where is the one to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icloud drive cannot start. Why? I don't know what a 'container' is or where is the one to...: I continue to be notified of the following:ICloud Drive cannot start. Failed to create container s to start ICloud Drive.I tried following directions my 'copilot' gave me but I couldn't solve this. I don't know what a 'container ' is nor any other of the variety of...
  3. icloud drive cannot start. Why? I don't know what a 'container' is or where is the one to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icloud drive cannot start. Why? I don't know what a 'container' is or where is the one to...: I continue to be notified of the following:ICloud Drive cannot start. Failed to create container s to start ICloud Drive.I tried following directions my 'copilot' gave me but I couldn't solve this. I don't know what a 'container ' is nor any other of the variety of...
  4. I don't have a "Windows Terminal" option when I right click the start key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have a "Windows Terminal" option when I right click the start key.: I want to return to the Legacy Right Click Context. The online procedure I've seen says I should see "Windows Terminal" when I right click the start button, but I don't....
  5. I don't have a "Windows Terminal" option when I right click the start key.

I don't have a "Windows Terminal" option when I right click the start key.: I want to return to the Legacy Right Click Context. The online procedure I've seen says I should see "Windows Terminal" when I right click the start button, but I don't....
  6. Some games start in incomplete screen mode and i don't know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some games start in incomplete screen mode and i don't know why: Some games start in incomplete screen mode and i don't know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-games-start-in-incomplete-screen-mode-and-i/8765dad8-2521-4cc2-8830-2f0ae54d3ae7
  7. Some games start in incomplete screen mode and i don't know why

Some games start in incomplete screen mode and i don't know why: Some games start in incomplete screen mode and i don't know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-games-start-in-incomplete-screen-mode-and-i/8765dad8-2521-4cc2-8830-2f0ae54d3ae7
  8. I updated graphics card and needs bitlocker to start I tried number and don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated graphics card and needs bitlocker to start I tried number and don't work: I updated graphics card and need bitlocker number I can't find https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-updated-graphics-card-and-needs-bitlocker-to/77799e12-fe8b-47de-85d2-37d785efc842
  9. I updated graphics card and needs bitlocker to start I tried number and don't work

I updated graphics card and needs bitlocker to start I tried number and don't work: I updated graphics card and need bitlocker number I can't find https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-updated-graphics-card-and-needs-bitlocker-to/77799e12-fe8b-47de-85d2-37d785efc842
  10. My PC won't start and to do anything in advanced repair I need a password which I don't know.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC won't start and to do anything in advanced repair I need a password which I don't know.: Recently my windows 10 pc wasn't able to start because of bad system config info. I messed up and changed security file in D:\Windows\System32\Config\Security\and now if I try to do anything in Advanced repair it asks for password, I type in the password and it doesn't work....