Windows 10: Start element "frozen" on my screen

Discus and support Start element "frozen" on my screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'll attach an Imgur link here: https://imgur.com/a/tOsfbHe I tried making a shortcut on my desktop by first pining the app to start, then I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yumyumfarted, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Start element "frozen" on my screen

I'll attach an Imgur link here:

https://imgur.com/a/tOsfbHe

I tried making a shortcut on my desktop by first pining the app to start, then I tried to drag it. After multiple tries it's frozen on my screen. (As shown in the picture) I'm assuming a restart will fix it-actually I know that a restart will. But I'm wondering if there's another way, I low-key don't want to restart. I will if I have to, I guess I'm just being petty. xD

submitted by /u/yumyumfarted
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yumyumfarted, Sep 12, 2020

2. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Photo Shop Elements

Hi Rosas,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please don’t worry. We will assist you.

The issue could occur if the program is incompatible with Windows 10 or program is corrupt.

Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall the Photo Shop Elements application in program compatibility mode on the Computer.

Step 1: suggest you to uninstall the Photo Shop Elements application.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Click on Programs and Features.

4. Right click on Photo Shop Elements from the list and click on Uninstall.

Step 2: Try to run the Program Compatibility troubleshooter and try to install the
    Photo Shop Elements application. Check if it helps.

1. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes on search box next to
    Start Menu and click on Troubleshooting.

2. Click on View All the left panel of the screen and then click on
    Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.

3. Then click on Next and follow the instructions.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Haider Win User

Start element "frozen" on my screen

Start up screen frozen after installing windows 10

Hi,

Can someone please suggest a solution:

I've a sony laptop cum tablet (ultra book) with intel core i7 processor. I updated to Windows 10 today (previous version Pro windows 8). The install was successful but after the install my start up screen started flickering. I shut down and restarted the laptop and now the opening screen is frozen at the log in page which says- 'fast access, face recognition'. The camera is also not working to recognize the face. I'm also not able to log in manually. (I used to have face recognition mode with pro windows 8)

The laptop is not shutting down any more and don't accept alt+cont+delete command.

Kindly suggest.

Regards

Haider, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Start element "frozen" on my screen

1. Start element "frozen" on my screen - Similar Threads - Start element frozen

2. frozen start up screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frozen start up screen.: since ive downloaded the new windows 11 update ive been having issues with my laptop loading up. i cant access my log in screen for days or hours. i have to let it sit just to get it to respond. is anyone else having these issues since the new update and if so can you help?...
  3. frozen start up screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frozen start up screen.: since ive downloaded the new windows 11 update ive been having issues with my laptop loading up. i cant access my log in screen for days or hours. i have to let it sit just to get it to respond. is anyone else having these issues since the new update and if so can you help?...
  4. My pc screen is frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    My pc screen is frozen: Last pm my desktop HP Windows 10 had a frozen screen. I have explained in part what I have tried. I have worked for hours with nothing happening. I used a google search to do many things that were suggested. Pressed Esc 2 times, tried Alt ctrl delete- finally the screen with...
  5. Windows 10 frozen screen on start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 frozen screen on start up: For the post few days, whenever I want to start up my Windows 10 pc, the screen freezes and refuses to show the password box. Instead it displays the generic background, and clicking anywhere refuses to bring up the password box. I need to wait around 10 minutes or so for the...
  6. Start screen search has frozen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start screen search has frozen: The search function on the Start screen has locked up. Typing a few letters does bring up search results - but I can go no further. Nothing can be selected as mouse clicks have no effect. Also, just recently, the search function is bringing up some odd "promo" for Microsoft...
  7. Frozen Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frozen Screen: Hi I have an issue where whenever I attempt to turn on my laptop it freezes while booting up and the little boot animation freezes and when I get past that it freezes when I try to log in please help thanks! submitted by /u/YvngPant [link] [comments]...
  8. I have a frozen screen in Photoshop Elements 9 and cannot change it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a frozen screen in Photoshop Elements 9 and cannot change it.: I wonder if anybody can help me get out of this situation? I am using Photoshop Elements 9 on Windows 10. I must have done something wrong when editing a picture as I now have a blank editing screen, the Text button is activated and does not respond anymore. All my drop down...
  9. Frozen Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen Screen: My laptop has a frozen black screen after it was downloading an update all it now shows is a black screen with a pop up window stating to "insert external media and then OK" but nothing happens....
  10. Frozen screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen screen: My screen on my windows 10 is frozen before the welcome screen its jjust a picture of a dessert scene there is no password box nothing to click on at all what can i do...