Windows 10: Start empty and store gone after update

Discus and support Start empty and store gone after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I updated the newest windows 10 update. (KB3147458) Now my start menu icons are gone, and store is also gone.. Anyone else with that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Solidjeuh, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Solidjeuh Win User

Start empty and store gone after update

Hello all,

I updated the newest windows 10 update. (KB3147458)
    Now my start menu icons are gone, and store is also gone..
    Anyone else with that problem?

:)

Solidjeuh, Apr 13, 2016

2. Fall creator Win10 update problems

The latest update process seemed to work ok. Dell laptop Inteli7, Radeon graphics, bought in July 2017. After doing the update, I noticed that the taskbar icon for going to the Play Store was invisible, but clicking the space goes to the site as it did before.
    The tiles on the start menu are almost gone compared to what was there before the update. The alphabetical list on START seem to be smaller and my recently used list is almost empty. At this time, I'm thinking about restoring to pre-update version. Any other
    ideas?

* Moved from Insider

ken-erickson, Apr 13, 2016
  3. windows 10 store not working and gone from the taskbar

This issue is all over the web - people lose the store and some of the apps that come with it.

It is ALL OVER THE WEB, yet every answer from Microsoft leads to nothing.

Nothing at all.

This is highly frustrating.

Once more:

Many people (me included) have lost the store after an update. The tile doesn't lead to anything and is empty. The store is GONE.

Please make available a package that makes it possible to reinstall these apps. It is urgent.

HeeroMiketta, Apr 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you don't have a usable System Restore point, you could try this:
    Open an admin level command prompt
    (E.g. Window key + X, Comand prompt (admin) )

Type powershell, <Enter>
    At the flashing prompt, copy and paste this command line:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

> press <Enter>.

Note: Up to maybe a month or so ago this broke some apps (since build 10586 came out) but it seems MS may have fixed it finally- certainly some have used it recently with success again.

dalchina, Apr 13, 2016
  5. Solidjeuh Win User
    Yes! thank you!
    Store apps are back in the start menu.
    Seems to work fine again.. *Party

There were some errors, but I think I can ignore those..?

Code: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF3, Validatie van updates, afhankelijkheid of conflict voor h et pakket is mislukt. Windows cannot install package Microsoft.SkypeApp because this package depends on another package that could not be fou nd. This package requires minimum version 1.0.0.0 of framework Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.0 published by CN=Micro soft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US to install. Provide the framework along with t his package. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] a88729da-961f-0000-9a28-88a81f96d101 in the Event Log or use th e command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID a88729da-961f-0000-9a28-88a81f96d101 At line:1 char:38 + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, Het pakket kan niet worden geïnstalleerd omdat bronnen wa arin wijzigingen moeten worden aangebracht, momenteel in gebruik zijn. error 0x80004004: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyew y!CortanaUI. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] a88729da-961f-0001-a245-88a81f96d101 in the Event Log or use th e command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID a88729da-961f-0001-a245-88a81f96d101 At line:1 char:38 + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand[/quote] [/quote] L: My Computer
    Start empty and store gone after update [​IMG]
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: Laptop

[*]
    [*]
    dalchina Guru Posts : 12,257 Win 10 Pro (1709) New[/b] 14 Apr 2016 #4

Solidjeuh, Apr 13, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Great - first time I've felt able to recommend that since November.. but not seen a statement MS had fixed it yet..

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start empty and store gone after update - Similar Threads - Start empty store

2. All Microsoft Store tiles / live tiles gone from start menu after update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Microsoft Store tiles / live tiles gone from start menu after update.: Hi,I run windows 11, and use explorer patcher to fix the problem with the start menu. I just had an update done yesterday and all my apps from windows store have diseappeared from the start menu.This includes all the stock apps calc, notes, recorder, maps, weather, windows...
  3. All Microsoft Store tiles / live tiles gone from start menu after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Microsoft Store tiles / live tiles gone from start menu after update.: Hi,I run windows 11, and use explorer patcher to fix the problem with the start menu. I just had an update done yesterday and all my apps from windows store have diseappeared from the start menu.This includes all the stock apps calc, notes, recorder, maps, weather, windows...
  4. Folder empty after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder empty after update: I just restarted my computer as a part of a Windows update and a seemingly random folder is now empty. I'm checking other folders but so far have not found any others. It was a folder in my pictures folder that contained sub folders and video and picture files. Documents,...
  5. Folder empty after update

Folder empty after update: I just restarted my computer as a part of a Windows update and a seemingly random folder is now empty. I'm checking other folders but so far have not found any others. It was a folder in my pictures folder that contained sub folders and video and picture files. Documents,...
  6. Folder empty after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. settings are gone and taskbar is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings are gone and taskbar is empty: This morning when I started up my computer, the taskbar was empty. so then I tried to go to settings but found out that settings wasn't on my computer anymore. I can't fix it because the taskbar is still empty after restarting my computer multiple times....
  8. settings are gone and taskbar is empty

settings are gone and taskbar is empty: This morning when I started up my computer, the taskbar was empty. so then I tried to go to settings but found out that settings wasn't on my computer anymore. I can't fix it because the taskbar is still empty after restarting my computer multiple times....
  9. my Window 10 gone after update my laptop left empty. Can't start Window! Except in Dos...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my Window 10 gone after update my laptop left empty. Can't start Window! Except in Dos...: I was prompted for update, clicked it and next day only noticed I can't start my laptop again. I'm using Window 10 over a year ago from a free update of Window 7. Because of an old laptop I recently even upgraded it to 8gb ram...it been working fine. Now I can't even start my...
  10. Windows Store gone after resetting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store gone after resetting: I started having an issue a couple of months ago where I would get an error message saying that no matter the app, it couldn't be updated in Windows Store. After troubleshooting this for a while and getting no resolution; I just "Reset" my computer. After this I was able to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Validatie van updates afhankelijkheid of conflict voor het pakket is mislukt