Windows 10: start.exe does not execute

Discus and support start.exe does not execute in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two comparable PC desktops. W10 64 bit. I tried to install the drivers of a new printer. Installation on PC1 was without any problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PiKo, Sep 16, 2019.

1. PiKo Win User

start.exe does not execute

I have two comparable PC desktops. W10 64 bit. I tried to install the drivers of a new printer.
    Installation on PC1 was without any problem. Installation on PC2 was impossible. The installation CD did not even turn on PC2. The downloaded drivers did not give any response. It appeared that to start driver installation, a start.exe file should be executed. Double clicking of this file on PC2 does not give any response, nothing happens, and an error message is not given.
    Run as administrator does not help, and other exe files are executed normally.
    What might be the problem with a start.exe file on PC2?

:)

2. zephyrus Win User

some .exe files hang

In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must reboot to regain access to the .exe file. sfc /scannnow shows no errors.

Any suggestions?

zephyrus, Sep 16, 2019
  3. kspanakis Win User
    No exe can be executed

Hello. I tried to execute an exe file created by the compilation of code in MS Visual studio 2015 but it doesn't work. Every time i try to execute it stucks. Specifically in command prompt, Ctrl+C doesn't work. Then I tried to compile the code in other apps. But the executable does't work with them either. What could be the problem?

kspanakis, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

How to open a .exe file

Hi,

An EXE file (also known as executable file) contains an executable program for Windows. EXE is short for "executable," and it is the standard file extension used by Windows programs.

For us to better assist you with this, we'd like to know the following:

• Were you getting an error when opening a .exe file?
    • Was it compressed (zipped)?

Usually, you can just double left-click the .exe file (if not compressed) to open it. However, if it's compressed, you need to install a 3rd party software to extract it.

We're looking looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

1. start.exe does not execute - Similar Threads - start exe does

2. What does the "/sta" parameter mean when executed by rundll32.exe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does the "/sta" parameter mean when executed by rundll32.exe?: I am curious what exactly does this do:C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe /sta {fcc2867c-69ea-4d85-8058-7c214e611c97}Does anyone know?Thank you....
  3. What does the "/sta" parameter mean when executed by rundll32.exe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does the "/sta" parameter mean when executed by rundll32.exe?: I am curious what exactly does this do:C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe /sta {fcc2867c-69ea-4d85-8058-7c214e611c97}Does anyone know?Thank you....
  4. Auto-Execute EXE When USB Plugged In

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto-Execute EXE When USB Plugged In: Is there any way to auto-execute an exe program without using any 3rd party software?I want to execute a Software when a USB device is plugged in.As soon as I plugin the USB the exe should execute and will show a Welcome Screen GUI.The application is developed in .NET Core...
  5. Does Fresh Start only remove .exe files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Fresh Start only remove .exe files: Hello there, As I like being short and direct, all I will say is the following. I'm planning on doing Fresh Start to improve my system's performance. I need your help to decide between Fresh Start and Reset This PC features. Fresh Start will remove my apps, but by "apps"...
  6. Error executing exe file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error executing exe file: Every time I try to download something by running an exe file, the computer keeps rebooting. It always reboot during download after running exe file. What should i do fix the problem? Pls help me.. submitted by /u/gevatte [link] [comments]...
  7. Error 0xc000007b when executing an .exe file

Error 0xc000007b when executing an .exe file: I am trying to run an .exe file but it comes up with that error. When I first got it, it wanted me to install MSVCP140D.dll, vcruntime140d.dll, and ucrtbased.dll, so I downloaded them off dll-files and put them in system32 and syswow64, also I installed Windows SDK. Now it is...
  8. RUN won't 'execute' EXE files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    RUN won't 'execute' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  9. Exes stop executing after a while

Exes stop executing after a while: Hi, I have a Lenovo Ideapad 11S, and my OS is Windows 10. After using it for some time, suddenly all the executables (exes) stop working. Even the windows commands like reboot, task manager etc. don't start at all. The Windows menu continues to function, but on clicking the...
  10. No exe can be executed

No exe can be executed: Hello. I tried to execute an exe file created by the compilation of code in MS Visual studio 2015 but it doesn't work. Every time i try to execute it stucks. Specifically in command prompt, Ctrl+C doesn't work. Then I tried to compile the code in other apps. But the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. exe file is not executed on windows