Windows 10: Start Fresh Tool for Windows 10

Discus and support Start Fresh Tool for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tried the Start Fresh Tool to get a clean install on my Windows 10 PC and the got the message saying there was a problem and "...we're unable to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidSulhoff, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Start Fresh Tool for Windows 10

Tried the Start Fresh Tool to get a clean install on my Windows 10 PC and the got the message saying there was a problem and "...we're unable to run this tool on your PC."

The error code was 0x80072F76-0x20016.

Windows 10 was an upgrade from Windows 8.1 on the PC.

Any idea how to get the clean install accomplished?

:)

DavidSulhoff, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jan 27, 2021
  4. renase-v Win User

Start Fresh Tool for Windows 10

Fresh start tool

What is the difference between a fresh start and a reinstall? Will the fresh start tool preserve installed applications?

[Moved from Community Participation Center]

renase-v, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Start Fresh Tool for Windows 10

1. Start Fresh Tool for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Start Fresh Tool

2. Cannot run fresh start tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run fresh start tool: I cannot run the Fresh Start tool. I just get error message: Ox80072F76-Ox20016Please helpThanks Tom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-run-fresh-start-tool/0e996814-c88a-42b5-89c4-30a3fe1687d3
  3. Cannot run fresh start tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot run fresh start tool: I cannot run the Fresh Start tool. I just get error message: Ox80072F76-Ox20016Please helpThanks Tom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-run-fresh-start-tool/0e996814-c88a-42b5-89c4-30a3fe1687d3
  4. Cannot run fresh start tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fresh Start: All apps including Microsoft Office will be lost on a Windows 10 Fresh Start. I have Excel 2013 will I lose that also? Is there a workaround - I don't want to subscribe to Office 365? Thanks....
  6. Windows 10 Fresh Start Tool - Can’t Get Past Login Screen

Windows 10 Fresh Start Tool - Can’t Get Past Login Screen: So i ran the Windows “fresh start” tool and now I’m in worse shape than before. It seemed to run fine, no error messages, but once it restarted... it takes me to the login screen and thats it... all that shows up is my background picture and the date/time. The box to enter my...
  7. Windows 10 Fresh Start

Windows 10 Fresh Start: I have an Acer W4-820; I did a fresh start from Windows Defender Security Centre. I crashed half way through. no idea what it was doing. Luckily it rolled everything back and the tablet is now back to normal. I have two core dumps and an event log item who do I send them...
  8. Fresh ReInstall Windows 10 (Media Creation Tool & Refresh Window Tool)

Fresh ReInstall Windows 10 (Media Creation Tool & Refresh Window Tool): Hi, Install windows 10 and confirm activation as suggested in forums. Downloaded Windows Media Creation Tool to create fresh reinstall. Ran it to create 64 bit ISO. Now using the ISO to reinstall windows 10. At 30% restore, it failed. I tried various recovery. Even did...
  9. Coming Soon: A Tool to Start Fresh

in Windows 10 News
    Coming Soon: A Tool to Start Fresh: Coming Soon: A Tool to Start Fresh Hello Windows Insiders! Want a simple and easy way to start fresh with a clean installation of Windows? Looking for an easy way to do this? We're working on a tool to make this possible. Final testing and validation is underway...
  10. Fresh Start Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fresh Start Windows 10: How to: Fresh Start Windows 10 How to Start Fresh with Clean up-to-date Installation of Windows 10 Using Fresh start lets you perform a clean reinstallation and update of Windows while keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact. Fresh start will remove...