Windows 10: start icon and action center not working

Discus and support start icon and action center not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; What to do if the start icon and action center not working.The start icon not working so I can not get to programs or go to power menus to shut down or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ThuocVovan, Apr 18, 2022.

1. start icon and action center not working

What to do if the start icon and action center not working.The start icon not working so I can not get to programs or go to power menus to shut down or restart.Can not get to action center to connect Wifi...network.

:)

ThuocVovan, Apr 18, 2022
  2. Sharief K Win User

Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Apr 18, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Apr 18, 2022
  4. Ruz San Win User

start icon and action center not working

Add the Touch Keyboard Icon to the Action Center

Hi Doug,

Adding the touch keyboard on the items in Action Center is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can change the settings to automatically show the touch keyboard when you use the device in tablet mode. If you'd like to do this, you can
    follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Go to Typing.
    • Under Touch keyboard settings, switch on Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there’s no keyboard attached to your device.

If you want to provide a feedback or suggestion to Microsoft to have the touch keyboard available in Action Center, you can post it
    here.

Let us know if the suggestion above works for you.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

start icon and action center not working

1. start icon and action center not working - Similar Threads - start icon action

2. start icon and action center not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start icon and action center not working: What to do if the start icon and action center not working.The start icon not working so I can not get to programs or go to power menus to shut down or restart.Can not get to action center to connect Wifi...network....
  3. start icon and action center not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start icon and action center not working: What to do if the start icon and action center not working.The start icon not working so I can not get to programs or go to power menus to shut down or restart.Can not get to action center to connect Wifi...network....
  4. Taskbar icons invisible and action center not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons invisible and action center not working: When I turned my pc on today again the taskbar wasn't showing any icons, only the search bar, hour and action center (which doesn't work). All the apps that launch automatically didn't start either. I tried re-pinning the apps to the taskbar but it said instead "unpin the...
  5. Icon in Action center hiding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon in Action center hiding: Hello there, I have issue with some icons doesn't appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-in-action-center-hiding/62334ac0-aa63-4ef4-8172-4fd3919ec91b
  6. Action Center Icon NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center Icon NOT WORKING: Hi, Action center icon doesn't work whether I click on the icon or press Windows key + A. I tried turning the icon off and on form taskbar settings, but nothing happened. Could you please help me to solve this problem? Amr...
  7. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning: Please help, taskbar icons (Windows app icons e.g. edge, win store, calculator, win defender, etc.), that includes windows start menu and action center icosns does not function when you click. how to solve. thank you...
  8. action center icon missing

action center icon missing: Missing icon for action center after update Windows 10 August 17, 2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_action/action-center-icon-missing/2fd34ca9-7616-4d98-911a-a034cc7bfba7
  9. Action Center Icon Oddity

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center Icon Oddity: This is not a problem as much as a curiosity. After opening the Action Center on either of my two screens the icon remains as though it is pinned on my second taskbar. It will sit there quite happily allowing me to open or close the Action Center as I wish. It disappears at...
  10. Action Center Icon On Taskbar Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center Icon On Taskbar Not Working: Hi All, I've tried everything short of resetting my pc to get my action center icon on my taskbar to function normally. Right now it will turn white like a new notification is available, but when I click on it nothing happens. Also..when I press the Ctrl + A keys, nothing...