Windows 10: start icon

Discus and support start icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; somehow ive changed my start menu from a traditional PC start menu to an app style start menu - i can't figure out how to turn it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fred52TM, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Fred52TM Win User

start icon

somehow ive changed my start menu from a traditional PC start menu to an app style start menu - i can't figure out how to turn it back

:)

Fred52TM, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 25, 2018
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

start icon prob.jpg

psyko12, Sep 25, 2018
  4. start icon

How do I get the Windows 8.1 start screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click Start icon and click Settings

• Choose Personalization, click on Start

• Turn on “Use start full screen”

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

start icon

1. start icon - Similar Threads - start icon

2. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  3. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  4. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer: I started my computer and one icon popped up, and I had a few on there, I can't get more to show up even the trash isn't in there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-one-of-my-icons-popped-up-when-i-started-my/b3612eb5-a093-4f7f-88fa-1b4e1c4955b8
  6. Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer

Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer: I started my computer and one icon popped up, and I had a few on there, I can't get more to show up even the trash isn't in there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-one-of-my-icons-popped-up-when-i-started-my/b3612eb5-a093-4f7f-88fa-1b4e1c4955b8
  7. Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons: Hi, I just bought a new Asus Zenbook Laptop and the start menu are displaying i assume are shortcuts or command lines to different apps like : ms-resource:appname ms-resource:LensSDK/Resources/ApptitleetcThere are about 15 of them. Also some icons are just blank, i tried...
  8. Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons

Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons: Hi, I just bought a new Asus Zenbook Laptop and the start menu are displaying i assume are shortcuts or command lines to different apps like : ms-resource:appname ms-resource:LensSDK/Resources/ApptitleetcThere are about 15 of them. Also some icons are just blank, i tried...
  9. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc
  10. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc