Windows 10: start icons lost bg color after 20H2, why?

Discus and support start icons lost bg color after 20H2, why? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The heck, all my icons lost background color after 20H2 update, why do would you do this windows why? Is there anyway I can fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xhykari, Nov 22, 2020 at 7:08 AM.

1. start icons lost bg color after 20H2, why?

2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

start icons lost bg color after 20H2, why? [​IMG]

3. mora67 Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

After overnight looks

4. Argel Obm Win User

start icons lost bg color after 20H2, why?

Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Thema:

start icons lost bg color after 20H2, why?

1. start icons lost bg color after 20H2, why? - Similar Threads - start icons lost

2. I cannot change start menu tile color after upgrade to version 20H2 yesterday.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot change start menu tile color after upgrade to version 20H2 yesterday.: I upgraded to the 20H2 version yesterday and it changed my color settings. I was able to change most back, but start menu tiles refuse to change. They remain some kind of transparent dark gray color....
  3. 20h2 icons no color

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20h2 icons no color: After i update my Surface 3 to 20h2, a lot of icons in start menu and taskbar display flat no color. But there are few icons display in normal new design & color. But my brother's Surface 3 update to 20h2 with no problem. All the icons display in new design & color. As...
  4. Color shutdown options from start icon

Color shutdown options from start icon: Sometimes when in a rush i hit restart instead of shutdown. Is there a way to colorize " shutdown RED" ..sleep moon turns yellow . Restart can be some other color 151773
  5. Desktop BG

Desktop BG: Why do desktop BGs become blurry even if we download a 4k - 16k image, even at greater resolution than my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-bg/4fd7f2d3-44e1-4e0a-bf4d-ef02f07d61d1
  6. lost color

lost color: how do I get my color back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-color/0e16ef75-8fd0-4945-9164-c88c6167b216
  7. .bg file extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .bg file extension: Does anyone know how to open or convert images that are in the .bg format, in Windows 10? This all happened automatically after an update last year. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bg-file-extension/e639c668-10db-4022-be42-93b6acf7132e"
  8. Start Menu icons lost after last Windows Update

Start Menu icons lost after last Windows Update: Yesterday, I installed the latest Windows 10 updates. After that update, I have noticed that some of my Start Menu icons don't show up properly. These appear to mostly be the Office 365 icons. I rebooted my computer again today and these icons are still not showing up...
  9. Change color of icons on start menu?

Change color of icons on start menu?: I tried looking around and I'm not seeing a option, since the update some icons randomly changed color on their own but I don't see how to do it myself. 29755
  10. problem with lost icons and start button

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with lost icons and start button: I have been using windows 10 for a few months now and this problem has happened twice now. The computer starts running very slowly and when I click on the start button = nothing happens so there is no way to shut the machine down except to shut it off. Also, I have lost the...