Windows 10: start icons lost bg color after 20H2, why?

Discus and support start icons lost bg color after 20H2, why? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The heck, all my icons lost background color after 20H2 update, why do would you do this windows why? Is there anyway I can fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xhykari, Nov 22, 2020.

1. start icons lost bg color after 20H2, why?

/u/xhykari, Nov 22, 2020
  2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

start icons lost bg color after 20H2, why? [​IMG]

zinou, Nov 22, 2020
  3. mora67 Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

After overnight looks

mora67, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

start icons lost bg color after 20H2, why?

Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

start icons lost bg color after 20H2, why?

1. start icons lost bg color after 20H2, why? - Similar Threads - start icons lost

2. no start icon color

in Windows 10 Customization
    no start icon color: My start icons all had the color blue and now they are not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-start-icon-color/0c9d764e-27f1-4571-b56a-1503f186c51f
  3. Why are the icons of the start menu not colored??

Why are the icons of the start menu not colored??: Why are the icons of the start menu not colored??Even after selecting this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-the-icons-of-the-start-menu-not-colored/e55262cd-239c-4623-935f-cdbc503e4bb3
  4. 20H2 Upgrade - Start Menu Colors etc

20H2 Upgrade - Start Menu Colors etc: The "upgrade" to 20H2 has changed all the colors of the start menu, Tab line color and taskbar color. How do I get it back to Windows standard colors that I had before: Start, produced a dark blue screen Taskbar was dark (black) Nothing seems to work - Help (and why do M/s...
  5. Why is fresh start disabled after 20H2 update?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is fresh start disabled after 20H2 update?: I haven't even tried the fresh start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-fresh-start-disabled-after-20h2-update/29b38a56-cf92-4008-aed3-dad936ed4337
  6. explorer not starting after 20h2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer not starting after 20h2: hello everyone, so i cant start explorer after latest update, but i can start apps using task manager, but i cant start explorer, i tried turning off explorer and on with task manager, still same, can someone tell me how to fix it?...
  7. 20h2 icons no color

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20h2 icons no color: After i update my Surface 3 to 20h2, a lot of icons in start menu and taskbar display flat no color. But there are few icons display in normal new design & color. But my brother's Surface 3 update to 20h2 with no problem. All the icons display in new design & color. As...
  8. Desktop BG

Desktop BG: Why do desktop BGs become blurry even if we download a 4k - 16k image, even at greater resolution than my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-bg/4fd7f2d3-44e1-4e0a-bf4d-ef02f07d61d1
  9. lost color

lost color: how do I get my color back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-color/0e16ef75-8fd0-4945-9164-c88c6167b216
  10. Change color of icons on start menu?

Change color of icons on start menu?: I tried looking around and I'm not seeing a option, since the update some icons randomly changed color on their own but I don't see how to do it myself. 29755