Windows 10: start icons

Discus and support start icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click start in windows 10, I have power, settings, file explorer but the icons are not what I want. I use to have a yellow folder for file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by maranna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. maranna Win User

start icons

When I click start in windows 10, I have power, settings, file explorer but the icons are not what I want.
    I use to have a yellow folder for file explorer instead of that bland type.
    Also settings was a different icon.
    Where do I go to change these two to a different appearance?
    I have spent hours by searching and with Google.

TY

:)

maranna, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 1, 2019
  3. How do I get the Windows 8.1 start screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click Start icon and click Settings

• Choose Personalization, click on Start

• Turn on “Use start full screen”

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 1, 2019
  4. psyko12 Win User

start icons

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

start icons prob.jpg

psyko12, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

start icons

1. start icons - Similar Threads - start icons

2. what is this icon that suddenly has started to appear in the win 10 notification area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is this icon that suddenly has started to appear in the win 10 notification area: what is this icon? where does it come from? how stop it?it appears when you initially open the up arrow on the win 10 notification area, each circle icon sometimes deletes itself one by one from the notifcaton area on win 10....
  3. what is this icon that suddenly has started to appear in the win 10 notification area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is this icon that suddenly has started to appear in the win 10 notification area: what is this icon? where does it come from? how stop it?it appears when you initially open the up arrow on the win 10 notification area, each circle icon sometimes deletes itself one by one from the notifcaton area on win 10....
  4. what is this icon that suddenly has started to appear in the win 10 notification area

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  6. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  7. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

8. Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer: I started my computer and one icon popped up, and I had a few on there, I can't get more to show up even the trash isn't in there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-one-of-my-icons-popped-up-when-i-started-my/b3612eb5-a093-4f7f-88fa-1b4e1c4955b8
  9. Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer

Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer: I started my computer and one icon popped up, and I had a few on there, I can't get more to show up even the trash isn't in there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-one-of-my-icons-popped-up-when-i-started-my/b3612eb5-a093-4f7f-88fa-1b4e1c4955b8
  10. Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons

Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons: Hi, I just bought a new Asus Zenbook Laptop and the start menu are displaying i assume are shortcuts or command lines to different apps like : ms-resource:appname ms-resource:LensSDK/Resources/ApptitleetcThere are about 15 of them. Also some icons are just blank, i tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone start icons