Windows 10: Start Key/Search Bar issues

Discus and support Start Key/Search Bar issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Initial problem was start key menu and search bar not working. After powershell scans and attempts to correct, got follow errors, should a reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MSMQ, Aug 3, 2020.

1. MSMQ Win User

Start Key/Search Bar issues

Initial problem was start key menu and search bar not working. After powershell scans and attempts to correct, got follow errors, should a reinstall of system 10 be the best result at this moment?

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    Windows : The term 'Windows' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
    Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    + ~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: Windows:String [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    PS : Cannot find a process with the name "C:\WINDOWS\system32>". Verify the process name and call the cmdlet again.
    At line:1 char:1
    + PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: C:\WINDOWS\system32>:String [Get-Process], ProcessCommandException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoProcessFoundForGivenName,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetProcessCommand

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

:)

MSMQ, Aug 3, 2020

2. Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Start menu,Wifi key, Search key not working

Hello Nikhil,

The issues with accessing the Start menu/ Windows key might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files after installing the latest update on your computer.

Provide us with additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message with this issue?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested from the Microsoft helps article like: Check for updates, Restart the computer, run the troubleshooter, create test user account and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Start menu, Search bar for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Start Key/Search Bar issues

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Start Key/Search Bar issues

1. Start Key/Search Bar issues - Similar Threads - Start Key Search

2. Search bar issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar issue: When I tried to search on my computer, it will only give me a second to type then goes away. I don't know what to do since I cannot use the search bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-issue/c92a9e98-2316-4c7f-9319-e6cae8059683
  3. Search bar issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar issue: When I tried to search on my computer, it will only give me a second to type then goes away. I don't know what to do since I cannot use the search bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-issue/c92a9e98-2316-4c7f-9319-e6cae8059683
  4. Search bar issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Search bar issues

in Cortana
    Search bar issues: There is some sort of cover which goes over my search. I don't know what it is and i have been trying to fix it for a while. Cannot figure it out. when i click on the white areas above the black barrier it disappears, any one have an idea what this is. or how to fix it. Thank...
  6. Start and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start and search bar not working: My start and search bar will not work at random. Sometimes I will turn my laptop on and they will work, sometimes they won't and I need to turn my laptop off and turn it on again. I can still search for programs if I press the Windows key on my keyboard, however, just now I...
  7. Start bar search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start bar search: I have a X an online drive account and I use the app on my pc. I might choose to save a file on Onedrive or this X depending on a personal criteria. However, the documents present in the X drive can not be searched through start bar even though they are present on the PC....
  8. search bar issue

in Cortana
    search bar issue: Hi all The search bar on my windows 10 PC is not active. I can type in the search bar, but it doesn't search , nor comes up with suggestions. I have tried so far to run the search and indexing troubleshooter , and run the DISM.exe command in Powershell. Both didn't work....
  9. Search bar issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar issues: Hi, I have been encountering issues with the search bar in Windows. I type in a query or some words to search it on the web but it does not display web results. Instead, it says 'Preview for [word(s) typed in] isn't available right now. OK, so I click on 'See all web...
  10. Start Menu Search Bar

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Bar: Prior versions of windows allowed me to hit the handy-dandy start-menu button, type a document name in the search bar, and recent documents I pulled up with the search words would show up - the charm of that feature was that I could close a document or spreadsheet confident...