Windows 10: Start+L (lock computer) keyboard shortcut no longer working

Discus and support Start+L (lock computer) keyboard shortcut no longer working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the title says, in my Surface Pro 4 (the latest one released in 2018), the start+L keyboard shortcut no longer works. This shortcut still works in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by augratin, Mar 4, 2019.

1. augratin Win User

Start+L (lock computer) keyboard shortcut no longer working

As the title says, in my Surface Pro 4 (the latest one released in 2018), the start+L keyboard shortcut no longer works. This shortcut still works in my other Surface Pro 3.

This started happening a few weeks ago. I've found (elsewhere online) some users have reported that adding a registry entry in the following folder fixes this:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

However I am hesitant to modify this because I have no 'system' folder in my 'policies' folder in either of my devices, and the SP3 seems to be doing fine with out it:

Start+L (lock computer) keyboard shortcut no longer working [​IMG]

I use a Logitech bluetooth keyboard for both devices.

Any ideas?

:)

augratin, Mar 4, 2019
  2. IngoW42 Win User

Keyboard shortcut works on lock screen!

Hi, I just discovered that I can send keyboard shortcuts from the lock screen - and Win10 executes them!

This is a (small) security vulnerability:

- I hit "Win+L", the computer is locked, showing the lock screen photo

- I hit "Win+Del" (custom command to play music), the music plays, and I get to the screen where I can enter my device PIN

When I lock the computer, I don't want anyone to be able to do anything before it's unlocked again - but this is precisely what is happening.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586

Cheers,

Ingo

IngoW42, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Start+L (lock computer) keyboard shortcut no longer working

Keyboard shortcuts change

Hi Pandax,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What shortcuts you wish to change specifically on Windows 10 including shortcuts which start with Windows logo?

• Do you use Windows 10 on Desktop/Laptop?
    Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that you can use to perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can make it easier to work with your PC, saving you time and effort as you
    work with Windows and other apps. You may try the below steps on Windows 10 to change the settings related to Keyboard on Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Open Start menu and type
      Settings in the search bar.

• Click on Ease of access.

• Select Keyboard and you can change the options as you wish.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Start+L (lock computer) keyboard shortcut no longer working

1. Start+L (lock computer) keyboard shortcut no longer working - Similar Threads - Start+L lock computer

2. Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello,My Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts that both open and activate the new snip functionality are supposed to be, by default, assigned to "Windows key + Shift key + the letter "S" key but that is not working for both opening and activating the new snip functionality....
  3. Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello,My Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts that both open and activate the new snip functionality are supposed to be, by default, assigned to "Windows key + Shift key + the letter "S" key but that is not working for both opening and activating the new snip functionality....
  4. Keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello!About 2 days ago my left CTRL key stopped working, no worries - I could use the right one.It slowly got annoying through the day so I restarted my PC Windows 10 Desktop. Then the right CTRL also stopped working alongside alt and windows keys for shortcuts.I can't CTRL...
  5. Keyboard shortcuts no longer working

Keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello!About 2 days ago my left CTRL key stopped working, no worries - I could use the right one.It slowly got annoying through the day so I restarted my PC Windows 10 Desktop. Then the right CTRL also stopped working alongside alt and windows keys for shortcuts.I can't CTRL...
  6. Keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Keyboard Shortcuts No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Shortcuts No Longer Working: All of a sudden my keyboard shortcuts ie Ctrl+O etc no longer work. Is there a way that I can toggle this back on? I must have accidentally turned them off?...
  8. Keyboard Shortcuts No Longer Working

Keyboard Shortcuts No Longer Working: All of a sudden my keyboard shortcuts ie Ctrl+O etc no longer work. Is there a way that I can toggle this back on? I must have accidentally turned them off?...
  9. Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update: Hi all.I went through the recent update this afternoon and since then my keyboard shortcut keys - J and K specifically - no longer work on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.It really important to me that these shortcut keys work as I have mobility and...
  10. Window+L - Screen lock shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window+L - Screen lock shortcut: All of a sudden the screen lock shortcut doesn't work on my computer. When I input the command, the screen contrast flickers once and nothing happens. Appreciate any advise on this, thank you!l submitted by /u/BlazerBeavs [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Start L (lock computer) keyboard shortcut no longer working