Windows 10: Start Layout -

Discus and support Start Layout - in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was wondering if there was a way to have a default start layout but also allow the users to make changes? 148546 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DarkArmy, Jan 16, 2020.

1. DarkArmy Win User

Start Layout -

I was wondering if there was a way to have a default start layout but also allow the users to make changes?

:)

DarkArmy, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    How to reset the tile layout in the start menu

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern with resetting the tile layout in the Start menu. Kindly answer the following:

• Is your computer connected in a domain?
    • Which build of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you tried the steps given by DaveM121 on a different user profile?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Start Layout -

Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Start Layout -

1. Start Layout - - Similar Threads - Start Layout

2. Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10: Code: :: Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10 @Echo Off net sess>nul 2>&1||(powershell start cmd -ArgumentList """/c %~0""" -verb Runas & exit) Cls & Mode CON LINES=11 COLS=80 & Color 0E & Title Created By Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo Do You Want to Backup...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu Layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Layout: So I'm trying to update my users' start layouts using Group Policy Management. All computers are running Windows 10 v1903. When we first got the computers, I deployed a custom image through MDT to do all of the setup, including the start menu layout and taskbar layout and...
  4. Customizing the Start Layout file.

Customizing the Start Layout file.: Hello guys, hoping for a bit of assistance. We have Windows 10 1809 build LTSC, which I am currently writing policies for. One of the policies is customizing the start layout - specifically pinning items to the task bar. I want to keep the start menu free of any live tiles,...
  5. windows start menu layout

windows start menu layout: Somehow I changed to the icon tiles on the start menu. I want the classic menu list instead. Now I can't change it. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-layout/f2ea93ee-57c8-4a20-a6e7-af7a6108f6ab
  6. Start menu layout / Live Tiles under the Admin account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start menu layout / Live Tiles under the Admin account?: I am always running my system as a Standard User Account and sometimes when I need to test system settings I logon to my Admin account. However, on the Start menu layout, I left it as default, in other words, I have the Live Tiles showing up on the Start Menu Layout like...
  7. Partial Start Layout

Partial Start Layout: Hello, we are deploying several Windows 10 PCs in a business. I am trying to get all the games and other rubbish off the start menu and replace with the shortcuts we want. I am able to get that done if I do a start layout xml file and turn it on in GPO, but it locks the start...
  8. Keyboard layout ALWAYS starts with QWERTY after windows start [Win 10]

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard layout ALWAYS starts with QWERTY after windows start [Win 10]: [img] I use colemak, but have to manually change it everytime I start windows, and in some occasions it can't be changed from the menu above, and have to go to settings etc, delete a layout and add it again to change it. 127960
  9. Start Menu Layout: LayoutModification.xml?

Start Menu Layout: LayoutModification.xml?: Hi Everyone, I am trying to do something very simple (I assume) and change the default Start Menu Pinned Tile Group column number from 6 to 3 in order to further resize the start menu and remove a blank gap. See this picture and note the unnecessary blank portion: [img] I...
  10. Start Menu Layout: LayoutModification.xml?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu Layout: LayoutModification.xml?: Hi Everyone, I am trying to do something very simple (I assume) and change the default Start Menu Pinned Tile Group column number from 6 to 3 in order to further resize the start menu and remove a blank gap. See this picture and note the unnecessary blank portion: [img] I...