Windows 10: Start Magnifier at boot, and minimized

Discus and support Start Magnifier at boot, and minimized in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, Windows' ease of use functionalities include a Magnifier tool which is very useful to me as a teacher. The pain is, it displays its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eamoex, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Eamoex Win User

Start Magnifier at boot, and minimized

Hello Everyone,

Windows' ease of use functionalities include a Magnifier tool which is very useful to me as a teacher. The pain is, it displays its window when started (instead of just running quietly in the background). I found this short thread addressing the matter, but the registry mod proposed did not change anything for me (by the way, I don't see how this trick could achieve the desired effect):

Start magnifier minimized in Windows 10 - Super User

Creating a shortcut to Magnify.exe, changing its Run: property to Minimized does not work either. Or rather, it did work once, but stopped working after I dragged the created shortcut from the Desktop to the Taskbar -- then it stopped working, whether I click the pinned icon in the Taskbar or the shortcut on the Desktop (when I say "working" I mean starting minimized).

The final setup I would like to achieve is for Magnifier to start at every boot, minimized. Making a scheduled task does not even work, returning a message in the "last start" column of scheduler about the task requiring elevation.

Is there a way to achieve... yeah, just this? Have Magnifier start minimized at every log on?

:)

Eamoex, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

How do I add display magnifier to the Start Menu of Windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key.
    • Search and click on Windows Easy of Access.
    • Right click on magnifier.
    • Select pin to Start.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 update broke MS magnifier

Hello,

To fix the issue with Magnifier, we suggest to turn it off and turn on your Magnifier. Here are the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select and click, Ease of Access.
    • Select and click, Magnifier.
    • Under Magnifier in the right pane, click off/on.

You may also try to Run Magnifier as administrator. If you don't know how, follow the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Type Magnifier.
    • Right-click Run as administrator.
    • If there's a pop-up about User Account Control, you have to type your
      Username and Password to continue.
    • Click Yes.

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Win32Guy Win User

Start magnifier minimized in Windows 10

Start Regedit.exe and go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ScreenMagnifier

Create/Set DWORD value data for MagnifierUIWindowMinimized to 1

Right-click ScreenMagnifier key, click Properties, Advanced.

By default the key is owned by SYSTEM. Take ownership of the registry key.

After changing ownership, click Apply.

Click Add, Select a principal. Type in your user name.

In the "Type:" drop down box, select "Deny"

Click "Show advanced permissions"

Place a checkmark near Set value and Delete entries.

Click OK and give your consent when prompted.

Click OK, OK to close the dialog boxes.

Start Magnifier. It should start minimized everytime.

Note: Before denying yourself write access to Magnifier settings registry key above, first make sure you configure Magnifier as needed.

Win32Guy, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Magnifier at boot, and minimized - Similar Threads - Start Magnifier boot

2. Google starting minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google starting minimized: Using Windows 11 here.Whenever I start Google, it starts minimized for some reason. I've tried changing the properties from 'Run - Normal window' to 'Run - Maximized' and yet nothing changes. Is there something I can do for this? Thanks....
  3. Google starting minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google starting minimized: Using Windows 11 here.Whenever I start Google, it starts minimized for some reason. I've tried changing the properties from 'Run - Normal window' to 'Run - Maximized' and yet nothing changes. Is there something I can do for this? Thanks....
  4. magnify

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    magnify: why when i open y magnifier on desktop screen goes black and won't open ?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/magnify/da8f6b45-c41c-4c32-bddc-f02c9073e2ca
  5. magnify

in Windows 10 Gaming
    magnify: why when i open y magnifier on desktop screen goes black and won't open ?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/magnify/da8f6b45-c41c-4c32-bddc-f02c9073e2ca
  6. Starting an app minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Starting an app minimized: How do I start an app minimized? I want my apps to start minimized whenever I start my windows.whether its minimized to the system tray or just the taskbar it does not matter.I tried to use the right-click, options, Run minimized but it does do anything. maximized does not...
  7. Starting an app minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Starting an app minimized: How do I start an app minimized? I want my apps to start minimized whenever I start my windows.whether its minimized to the system tray or just the taskbar it does not matter.I tried to use the right-click, options, Run minimized but it does do anything. maximized does not...
  8. Start Menu fonts and icons are Magnified

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu fonts and icons are Magnified: I currently have my screen extended from 16:10 to a 16:9 monitor. The start menu is not working a expected on the 16:9 screen. Icons and fonts are magnified and not able to display the full list, also there's a limit on the scrolling. Please find below the comparison of...
  9. Cortana ~ Type here to search does not minimize to a magnifying glass.

in Cortana
    Cortana ~ Type here to search does not minimize to a magnifying glass.: I recently reset Windows 10 and I am pleased with the results. Cortana is one of the new features that came bundled with the reset. On the startbar Cortana's "Type here to search" message does not minimize to a magnifying glass symbol. It shows continuously taking up...
  10. Screen started to minimize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen started to minimize: I use Windows 10, a laptop with an on-screen keyboard. The screen of my laptop started to minimize by itself. This issue occurs without any participation from my side and I have to make it larger manually....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Magnifier in boot menu

2. magnifier start minizmied

3. magnifyer hidewhen minimized