Windows 10: Start Maintenance From Desktop Shortcut?

Discus and support Start Maintenance From Desktop Shortcut? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, As it is now, I have this desktop shortcut shown below. [img] . Which opens to the page seen below. However, I still need to click on "Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Geosammy, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Geosammy Win User

Start Maintenance From Desktop Shortcut?

Hello,
    As it is now, I have this desktop shortcut shown below.

Start Maintenance From Desktop Shortcut? [​IMG]
    Which opens to the page seen below.
    However, I still need to click on "Start Maintenance".
    In order to activate Windows Maintenance.

Start Maintenance From Desktop Shortcut? [​IMG]

I was wondering, if a shortcut can be created.
    Which will start the maintenance process.
    Without first having to open the aforementioned page.
    Located at:
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance,
    and then clicking on the provided "Start Maintenance" link?

:)

Geosammy, Feb 16, 2019

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 16, 2019
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Start Maintenance From Desktop Shortcut?

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Start Maintenance From Desktop Shortcut?

1. Start Maintenance From Desktop Shortcut? - Similar Threads - Start Maintenance Desktop

2. windows is not able to start Security & Maintenance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows is not able to start Security & Maintenance.: please help me my Security & Maintenance could not start. It all started when i was downloading a pirate game but then i saw my security & maintenance could not open please help. I deleted the game. I tried opening "services.msc" but could not find "security Center"...
  3. Problem with Desktop shortcuts from browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Desktop shortcuts from browsers: Running Windows 10 Home 21H2, Firefox 96, Edge 97I used to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop by dragging the padlock icon near the browser URL window to the desktop. I could then rename the shortcut as well as change the icon.Now when I drag the padlock to the...
  4. Problem with Desktop shortcuts from browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Desktop shortcuts from browsers: Running Windows 10 Home 21H2, Firefox 96, Edge 97I used to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop by dragging the padlock icon near the browser URL window to the desktop. I could then rename the shortcut as well as change the icon.Now when I drag the padlock to the...
  5. Problem with Desktop shortcuts from browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Starting Maintenance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Starting Maintenance: I heard that if i start maintenance my pc will be a little more faster.....i tried....but it never ended......it was going on for almsot 6 hours or so.....pls help.....thank u...
  7. Deleted Shortcuts from the desktop.

Deleted Shortcuts from the desktop.: I have noticed for a while now that certain shortcuts on my desktop keep disappearing into the trashcan, it leaves a blank white space where the shortcut was! I restore them back from the trashcan only to find them back in the trash a little while later, any suggestions...
  8. How to automatically start a scan on my printer from desktop shortcut?

How to automatically start a scan on my printer from desktop shortcut?: Is there a way to double click a desktop icon (or use a short cut key) to start a printer scan? Just trying to save a little time. Thanks...
  9. "Desktop" shortcut for full-screen start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Desktop" shortcut for full-screen start menu?: My mom just got a new tablet which came with Windows 10. I'm trying to set it up to be as similar as she was used to with Windows 8.1 I know with the full-screen start menu, you can technically just press the Windows key a second time to return to the desktop view you were...
  10. Can't drag shortcuts from the start menu to the desktop anymore...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't drag shortcuts from the start menu to the desktop anymore...: Since recently, I can't drag en drop icons from my start menu to my desktop anymore... When I click the icon and drag it to the desktop, I see it on the desktop, with the overlay that a shortcut will be created there, but when I release the mouse button, the round waiting...