Windows 10: Start Menu. Action Center Notifications, and Right-clicking the Taskbar icons don't work

Discus and support Start Menu. Action Center Notifications, and Right-clicking the Taskbar icons don't work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Advanced Security Settings for my root C drive, I used the "Replace child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries" function... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesDudley6, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Start Menu. Action Center Notifications, and Right-clicking the Taskbar icons don't work

In Advanced Security Settings for my root C drive, I used the "Replace child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries" function with the default permissions on the root. After the operation finished, the C drive's properties dialog went into "Not responding" mode and forced Explorer to restart. Since then, I have not been able to open the Start menu, access my Action Center's notifications, and open any of my taskbar's right-click context menus. I desperately need major help to fix this problem, because if I don't receive it, my computer will turn into a large doorstop.

:)

JamesDudley6, Mar 19, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Start button & right clicking on taskbar icons suddenly does not work

Hi! I'm having this same issue and I haven't found a solution. Still, would you care to try a few other things? They don't work for me, so I'm just curious if they work for you:

• Left-click on the date and time in your task bar. Does this open the calendar?
    • Right-click on the icon in the tray (normally next to date and time) that looks like a square conversation baloon. It should open a menu "Open action center" and "Turn on quiet hours". Click on "Open action center". Does the action center open?
    • On your keyboard press the [WinButton]+I (hopefully you have the windows button). Click "Personalization" on the screen that opens up. On the left menu click "Start", then click "Use Start full screen" once. Select another option on the left menu (no matter which), then go back to "Start". Did the system remember the change you made to "Use Start full screen"? (Toggling this is often offered as a fix to these issues, so if your system remembers the change, restart your computer, then try to use the start menu. You can always switch back to the way you prefer your start menu by repeating the steps here.)
    • Right-click on any empty spot on your taskbar, then open "Search" submenu in the menu that pops up. Click "Show search icon". Does the search icon appear/disappear from your taskbar?
    • Click on the search icon when (and if) it's in the taskbar (see previous point). Does anything happen?

By the way, when you right-click on your start menu button, the menu that opens was always there, you just probably never used it. (I too found out about it only when I started having these troubles.)

ReasonSharp, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Start Menu. Action Center Notifications, and Right-clicking the Taskbar icons don't work

Start button & right clicking on taskbar icons suddenly does not work

The first fix in the link that Dalchina posted did the trick for me - FIX - Windows 10 Taskbar Not Functioning - Microsoft Community

rgreenthal, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Start Menu. Action Center Notifications, and Right-clicking the Taskbar icons don't work

1. Start Menu. Action Center Notifications, and Right-clicking the Taskbar icons don't work - Similar Threads - Start Menu Action

2. Notification click not working in action center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification click not working in action center: After I get a notification, by any application in windows 10, if not clicked by the user goes to Action center. But when the notification is clicked on the action center it is not opening the particular application or link as expected. Notification just disappears. I have to...
  3. Notification click not working in action center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification click not working in action center: After I get a notification, by any application in windows 10, if not clicked by the user goes to Action center. But when the notification is clicked on the action center it is not opening the particular application or link as expected. Notification just disappears. I have to...
  4. Notification click not working in action center

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. start icon and action center not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start icon and action center not working: What to do if the start icon and action center not working.The start icon not working so I can not get to programs or go to power menus to shut down or restart.Can not get to action center to connect Wifi...network....
  6. Start Menu, Action Center Notifications, and Right-clicking the Taskbar icons don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Action Center Notifications, and Right-clicking the Taskbar icons don't work: In Advanced Security Settings for my root C drive, I used the "Replace child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries" function with the default permissions on the root. After the operation finished, the C drive's properties dialog went into "Not...
  7. Notification click not working in action center

Notification click not working in action center: Hi After notification is created by any application in windows 10, if not clicked by the user goes to Action center. but when the notification is clicked on the action center it is not opening the particular application or link as expected. notification just disappears....
  8. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning: Please help, taskbar icons (Windows app icons e.g. edge, win store, calculator, win defender, etc.), that includes windows start menu and action center icosns does not function when you click. how to solve. thank you...
  9. Action Center Icon On Taskbar Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center Icon On Taskbar Not Working: Hi All, I've tried everything short of resetting my pc to get my action center icon on my taskbar to function normally. Right now it will turn white like a new notification is available, but when I click on it nothing happens. Also..when I press the Ctrl + A keys, nothing...
  10. Action center icon and windows icon in corners of taskbar don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Action center icon and windows icon in corners of taskbar don't work: I'm having a big problem. I screwed something up with my taskbar and I can't undo it. I logged on as usual. An annoying message popped up at the lower right corner of the desktop, above, not in, the taskbar, alerting me to something I should download and install that I...