Windows 10: Start menu, action centre and others not working. Please Help!

Discus and support Start menu, action centre and others not working. Please Help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Firstly my action centre, battery icon, volume and wifi icon weren’t working as when I would press on them nothing would happen, so I renamed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/grove-ba, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Start menu, action centre and others not working. Please Help!

Firstly my action centre, battery icon, volume and wifi icon weren’t working as when I would press on them nothing would happen, so I renamed the UsrClass.dat file. After that the start menu wouldn’t work and would come up with critical error when you press on on it.

I’ve tried sfc scan, disk scan and others and nothing is fixing the problem.

The issue is only happening on my user account and not the admin account but I need to use my user account.

I’m on Windows 10 20H2 on a Surface Pro 2017, this one is really frustrating, need some help thanks

submitted by /u/grove-ba
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/grove-ba, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Trapper Win User

Start menu tiles and Notification/Open Action Centre dissappeared!

Strange, my start menu left click that used to open the coloured start menu with 'tiles' has stopped working. I can only right click to access the 'grey' listing. If I do left click I see the blue spinning wheel for a couple of seconds but nothing appears.
    Also the icon for 'New Notifications' has stopped as well, when clicked I used to see a slide out popup asking me if I would recommend W10 to a friend but not now. If I right click to 'Open Action Centre' nothing happens.

Any suggestions as to how to fix them?

Many thanks.

Trapper, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Action Centre

Again, this did not work.

These troubleshooting steps are for those whose action centre is visible. My action centre is not visible at all.

Any help is appreciated

MAYANK MANSUKH, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Start menu, action centre and others not working. Please Help!

Windows 10 Action Centre not working

I had the same problem with action centre. but nothing you have suggested worked for me. please help me get back the action centre.

RamaKrishna048, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Start menu, action centre and others not working. Please Help!

1. Start menu, action centre and others not working. Please Help! - Similar Threads - Start menu action

2. Action Centre not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Centre not working: Why can't I turn action center off or on? I am using Windows 10 version 20H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre-not-working/d0d693b1-236e-4f34-a3db-977ae9d6334f
  3. Action Centre not working

Action Centre not working: I have a brand new Surface Pro 7. Gone through all the updates, so running 20H2 19042.870. The action centre is not working or mostly not working. - sometimes empty of everything no buttons, no messages - sometimes the buttons are greyed out, but will ungrey if I wait...
  4. Taskbar, action centre and start menu not working

Taskbar, action centre and start menu not working: My start menu does not open the windows key on the keyboard doesn't open it, my taskbar search is not opening, my apps on pinned can't be accessed by right-clicking, and my action center does not open, even when swiping the screen, plus some of the icons eg. wifi, volume,...
  5. Action Centre Not Working

Action Centre Not Working: Hi, Action Centre is not opening when I click. The icon says 1 message but I cannot open it and it won't open by itself. Please help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-centre-not-working/16b0de8f-14e4-432b-870a-4c6d0f1f4bc6
  6. Start, taskbar and action centre

Start, taskbar and action centre: Since latest update for Windows 10 the Above features are greyed out. I have tried changing to Custom under Personalisation>Colours>Chose your Colour, but this does not work anymore. It did a couple of weeks ago. I really do not like having the Task Bar and Start menu in...
  7. Colours - Start, TaskBar and Action Centre

Colours - Start, TaskBar and Action Centre: The box to choose accent colour for Start, Task bar and Action Centre is greyed out. How can I make it selectable?[IMG][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colours-start-taskbar-and-action-centre/f63980bb-c5ae-4cb1-85a4-82623439acde
  8. Action Centre

Action Centre: I've just updated to 1803 after a lot of difficulty. I cannot open the action centre by swiping from right or even by clicking icon. If I click and hold I get a small menu but still cannot get it....
  9. Start menu tiles and Notification/Open Action Centre dissappeared!

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles and Notification/Open Action Centre dissappeared!: Strange, my start menu left click that used to open the coloured start menu with 'tiles' has stopped working. I can only right click to access the 'grey' listing. If I do left click I see the blue spinning wheel for a couple of seconds but nothing appears. Also the icon for...
  10. Start Menu / Action Centre notworking after update to 10074

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu / Action Centre notworking after update to 10074: As the title says, some strange behaviour! In addition to the headline, it also seems to take a while to "recover" after exiting a full screen app (IE icons reappearing, volume icon etc) Do we think this is likely to be fixed in the near future via WU? 5715