Windows 10: Start Menu - All Programs fully expanded

Discus and support Start Menu - All Programs fully expanded in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't get a clickable All Programs in Start, instead I get an expanded list of everything. I've probably clicked some option somewhere. The Most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pjd, Jun 10, 2017.

1. PJD
    pjd Win User

Start Menu - All Programs fully expanded

I don't get a clickable All Programs in Start, instead I get an expanded list of everything. I've probably clicked some option somewhere. The Most Often Used list is also weird - e.g. I use Notepad++ much more than I use Sigil.

I'd like to get back to having a collapsed All Programs item, and a 'truthful' Most Used list before I move to 1703.

I've attached a couple of relevant screen shots

:)

2. Start Menu Automaticaly close. when expand all program

Install the latest build and see if it resolves the problem.

Learn more:
    How to install the latest Windows 10 build

Press Windows key + i

Open Update & Security

Andre Da Costa, Jun 10, 2017
  3. Start Menu Automaticaly close. when expand all program

hello,

i need help with windows 10

start menu automaticaly close when i click all program

i using windows 10 build 10162

start menu work normally on previous build

Arif Hidayat, Jun 10, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

@pjd
    If you move to 1703, you should get the extra option to hide the All Apps list:

Start Menu - All Programs fully expanded [​IMG]

As far as 'Most Used' is concerned, I create a hierarchy of my own:

Edwin, Jun 10, 2017
  5. PJD
    pjd Win User
    Thanks, but I don't want to hide it, I want to collapse it to a clickable Item. I'm sure I had that at one stage in Win 10.

Ah-ha - I just found this thread ==>> How to stop Start Menu showing All Programs after AU. Apparently it changed with 1706 - why one asks. I'm not interested in creating my own lists etc, nor do I want to install Classic Shell (tried it when 10 was released, after a while I decided it was overkill)

In 1703, can I add a shortcut to a folder (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs) to the left most column where I have Power, and Settings buttons ? Or create a Tile for it.

Thema:

1. Start Menu - All Programs fully expanded - Similar Threads - Start Menu Programs

2. How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?: I tried this but it's not working: https://winaero.com/blog/disable-start-menu-auto-expand-on-mouse-over-in-windows-10/ Windows 10 Pro build 19041.508 Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 submitted by /u/szqk [link] [comments]...
  3. Start Menu left margin icons - expanded?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu left margin icons - expanded?: Is there a way to customize the Windows 10 start menu to always expand the left margin icons? There are three lines at the top left corner that can expand the left margin outward, but it collapses afterwards. I'd prefer to get rid of the alphabetized scroll list altogether...
  4. start menu auto expand.

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu auto expand.: Does any one know how to enable the new start menu auto-expand side icons? link to feature article: https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/1...ane-behaviour/ thanx in advance! 131510
  5. How to enable start menu auto-expand?

How to enable start menu auto-expand?: Does any one know how to enable the new start menu auto-expand side icons? link to feature article: https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/11/15/windows-10-19h1-to-change-start-menus-navigation-pane-behaviour/ thanx in advance!...
  6. All the programs in my Start Menu are just gone.

All the programs in my Start Menu are just gone.: So, this happened a couple of weeks ago, and me being the most unobservant person on Earth, I didn't notice that half my icons were missing from my taskbar until yesterday. Most of the remaining icons don't work when clicked (they specify a missing shortcut), and when I went...
  7. What is the expand menu for?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the expand menu for?: When I click the start menu expand button, this is the result Attachment 108277 What should I expect to see here? 68448
  8. Start Button/Start Menu/All Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button/Start Menu/All Programs: Customization of the Start Menu (no tiles please) equals speed! As you can see I am using the classic theme in Windows 7. We professionals and powers users can customize the Start Menu in such a way that we can access the most important areas, features, commands etc. of...
  9. Expand the start menu (left side)

in Windows 10 Support
    Expand the start menu (left side): Perhaps I'm missing something but can the left side (non tiled side) of the start menu be expanded? If so, how? [img] I kind of find it a bit annoying that I can't expand that side out a little so I can easily read item titles. Thanks. 24456
  10. How to expand/contract start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to expand/contract start menu: Hi all. I was able to expand/contract the width and height of the statmenu. Now only height is expandable. I do NOT want full screen. The expand arrows show when I put cursor on right edge but am not able to "pull" edge to right to expand the size. Did the recent "major...