Windows 10: Start Menu always on

Discus and support Start Menu always on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get the traditional Start Menu back instead of what is constantly on the left side of my screen? Screen shot attached. Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert_12144, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Start Menu always on

How do I get the traditional Start Menu back instead of what is constantly on the left side of my screen? Screen shot attached. Thank you.

:)

Robert_12144, Apr 22, 2021

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Ghot Win User

Start Menu always on

Start Menu List - Settings

You need to go one step further...

Settings >Personalization > Start, then click as shown by the RED square...

Start Menu always on [​IMG]

Start Menu always on [​IMG]

Thema:

Start Menu always on

1. Start Menu always on - Similar Threads - Start Menu always

2. Is there a way to set the Start Menu to always be open, especially at logon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to set the Start Menu to always be open, especially at logon?: I had assumed the Start Menu would be open by default each time I logon, but it isn't. How can I set it to always be open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-set-the-start-menu-to-always-be/5c732ab8-7b19-41b2-abe9-d9cb359b5076
  3. Is there a way to set the Start Menu to always be open, especially at logon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to set the Start Menu to always be open, especially at logon?: I had assumed the Start Menu would be open by default each time I logon, but it isn't. How can I set it to always be open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-set-the-start-menu-to-always-be/5c732ab8-7b19-41b2-abe9-d9cb359b5076
  4. Why is my start menu always black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my start menu always black: Default Windows mode to be set to light color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-start-menu-always-black/c2412e43-82cc-49fa-a1bb-8fbe723b7ebe
  5. Why is my start menu always black

Why is my start menu always black: Default Windows mode to be set to light color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-start-menu-always-black/c2412e43-82cc-49fa-a1bb-8fbe723b7ebe
  6. Windows 11 start menu doesn't always open or stay open.

Windows 11 start menu doesn't always open or stay open.: Hi, for the past week or so I've had an issue with the Start Menu on Windows 11 not acting properly. When clicking on the window icon it may or may not open the start menu and even when it does, it may or may not stay open long enough for me to use it. There's also a couple...
  7. Windows 11 start menu doesn't always open or stay open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 start menu doesn't always open or stay open.: Hi, for the past week or so I've had an issue with the Start Menu on Windows 11 not acting properly. When clicking on the window icon it may or may not open the start menu and even when it does, it may or may not stay open long enough for me to use it. There's also a couple...
  8. Start menu always takes years to pop up and work!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu always takes years to pop up and work!: Wtf is going on with my start menu?? Takes its sweet time to load and to execute the powering off option! Even after Boot it lags submitted by /u/MyEyesSoLow [link] [comments]...
  9. my start menu icons are not updating it always shows a download symbol on it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    my start menu icons are not updating it always shows a download symbol on it.: kindly need a help for this problem am running on replacement time of a new laptop lenovo thinkpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-menu-icons-are-not-updating-it-always/c8ea452b-d144-480b-abdc-4dfda2640d24
  10. is it possible to always boot to the menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is it possible to always boot to the menu: I've a ThinkPad t420i with x2 ssd slipped in product page links Lenovo cnet ssd1 win10 ssd2 Ubuntu so what I want to know if it's possible to somehow configure/set my laptop to always boot to the menu where I can specify which ssd to into when I boot my laptop...