Windows 10: start menu, and all apps arent working on windows 10

Discus and support start menu, and all apps arent working on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have no acess to my start menu, or apps such as settings. i can run chrome, files but cannot open any pictures or anything. ive been stuck like this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lackamojackamo4, Nov 9, 2019.

1. start menu, and all apps arent working on windows 10

i have no acess to my start menu, or apps such as settings. i can run chrome, files but cannot open any pictures or anything. ive been stuck like this for the past 8 months now. any fixes would be appreciated. ive spent 200 hours running tests and scans and nothing works. i still get the same error message saying "critical error start menu wont work."

:)

lackamojackamo4, Nov 9, 2019

2. Start menu and apps not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience you are facing and apologize for the same.

For issue related to Start menu, I suggest you to refer the post by “Ravinath P” from the link provided below and check if it helps:

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

For issue related to updates, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 9, 2019
  3. scevism Win User
    scevism, Nov 9, 2019
  4. start menu, and all apps arent working on windows 10

start menu not working

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

3. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
    Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Refer to the following Microsoft Help article and see if it helps.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu

I would also suggest you to refer the link below and check.

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to write us back for further assistance and we will be glad to help you ahead.

Suvarna Govinda, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

start menu, and all apps arent working on windows 10

1. start menu, and all apps arent working on windows 10 - Similar Threads - start menu apps

2. my apps and all my internet browsers arent working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my apps and all my internet browsers arent working: Last night around 10:10 pm, I was streaming when suddenly my computer's ethernet connection dropped. This has become a frequent annoyance for me. Without panicking, I decided to restart my computer. Upon rebooting, I was presented with the option to restart and update, but I...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working: I got the problem yesterday. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft App not working when clicked.Also Email ,Microsoft Edge and all Microsoft apps disappear from task bar.I'm trying all method such as Restart Windows Explorer ,sfc scan ,cleanboot ,reset start...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working: I got the problem yesterday. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft App not working when clicked.Also Email ,Microsoft Edge and all Microsoft apps disappear from task bar.I'm trying all method such as Restart Windows Explorer ,sfc scan ,cleanboot ,reset start...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Start menu, search bar and all Windows 10 apps not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu, search bar and all Windows 10 apps not working: I'm on 1903. I can't even update to 1909 because settings app doesn't work, neither does the XBox one, nothing. Any know ways to fix this submitted by /u/megajackdark [link] [comments]...
  7. Start menu not working at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not working at all: So, I have finally got windows 10 installed and working when the start menu stops working. This would not be an issue because I installed windows classic shell right after except for the fact that I can't right click anything in the taskbar. I can right click the taskbar...
  8. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  9. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  10. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...