Windows 10: Start menu and apps only work every other reboot in Win 10

Discus and support Start menu and apps only work every other reboot in Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Any ideas as to why the Start menu and all apps do not work after every other reboot, tried the Poweshell fix, no luck 15512 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jymp, Aug 11, 2015.

1. jymp Win User

Start menu and apps only work every other reboot in Win 10

Any ideas as to why the Start menu and all apps do not work after every other reboot, tried the Poweshell fix, no luck

:)

2. Ed OK Win User

Start Menu Fail

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 this week and have a problem. There are two user accounts on my computer. As long as only one is logged on everything is fine, but, if the original user leaves and the other logs on the Start Menu [the Win 10 icon
    on the extreme left side of the task bar] ceases to work for either user. Even rebooting doesn't fix the problem. Both users must completely log off from their account before the reboot in order to get the Start Menu to work again. Are we doing something wrong?

Ed OK, Aug 11, 2015
  3. dempseyvv Win User
    Start menu and taskbar right-click pop-up have invisible icons and text

My problems with Start menu and taskbar are perhaps not the same as others have, but my Start menu, All Apps, Recently Added and Most Used show either icon & text, or only icons, or only text, or nothing!

My Taskbar often have the same problem with the right-click pop-up (context) not showing icons and/or text.

After every reboot it was different.

My solution (so far) is to Open Task Manager (Ctrl-Shft-Esc) and then go to the Startup tab. Look for oneDisk, select it and Disable it. Reboot.

I have rebooted now twice and Start menu and Taskbar is working how it should.

NOTE: I had not configure oneDisk as I don't have any need for it.

dempseyvv, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Start menu and apps only work every other reboot in Win 10

1. Start menu and apps only work every other reboot in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Start menu apps

2. Start menu apps not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu apps not work: When I click application in start menu it will not work. It does not even load at all but the applications are working when I click it on the taskbar. Not all of my application is pinned on the taskbar so I need to open start menu to get some icons but I cant open it there....
  3. Start menu apps not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu apps not work: When I click application in start menu it will not work. It does not even load at all but the applications are working when I click it on the taskbar. Not all of my application is pinned on the taskbar so I need to open start menu to get some icons but I cant open it there....
  4. Start menu apps not work

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Ethernet only works after reboot (every other time)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet only works after reboot (every other time): Hello! I was having some trouble with my built-in NIC where internet would disconnect randomly, so I went and purchased a dedicated network card. This card does not have the same issue, my connection is stable and does not drop, but it does not work at all the first time I...
  6. Ethernet only works after reboot every other time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet only works after reboot every other time: Hello!I was having some trouble with my built-in NIC where internet would disconnect randomly, so I went and purchased a dedicated network card.This card does not have the same issue, my connection is stable and does not drop, but it does not work at all the first time I turn...
  7. start menu and other apps not working

start menu and other apps not working: whenever I click on my start button a blue message pops up saying 'Critical Error' and it asks me to sign out. I also can't use the search bar, Spotify or even go into my settings. Is there something wrong with my PC or is it just some sort of a bug? I would appreciate it if...
  8. Win 10 Left Click doesn't work on Start menu / Edge / other settings

Win 10 Left Click doesn't work on Start menu / Edge / other settings: Win 10 Left Click doesn't work on Start menu / Edge / other settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-left-click-doesnt-work-on-start-menu-edge/17d2b77a-3a3b-4e47-9fec-31c6805e66a9
  9. Windows 10, every other reboot ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, every other reboot ?: I've installed Windows 10 just fine, with the latest Nvidia Win 10 driver, however when I reboot my system nothing works, not the start menu, not the apps, they do nothing, can't shut down except for a hard shutdown, after the hard shutdown the start menu and apps work fine...
  10. Start menu not working until reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not working until reboot: Hello all, I occasionally (but frequently enough that it is noticeable) get an unresponsive start menu. When this happens Win+P for display switching also does not work. The start menu starts working after a reboot and only after a reboot. Obviously this gets annoying...